Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little late in introducing myself as I joined this board immediately when the k2 came out and I got one in the first shipment.

Lifelong resident of Montana and there isn't another place I'd rather be.  I haven't noticed anyone else from here yet.

This place is bad for the pocketbook, between the book recommendations and accessories, lol.

Never thought I would want to replace my dtb library with a gadget but here I am and in short order I've done a 180 and don't know how I ever got along without my kindle.

I've also gotten addicted to Caliber, what a great program.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Forster! Bout time you got your butt over here for an intro.  ;D Thanks for the screensavers. Have to agree KB is bad for the pocketbook but it sure is fun.  ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Forster! Glad you found us and that you decided to come out of lurdom.
Since you mentioned it, have you seen The Book Corner? It has many threads for Bargain Books and Free Books.
Might help in the pocketbook area.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Great to have you here. I lived in Billings, MT until I was 8 years old. My father was from Ryegate and I still have family there. Beautiful country, but cold.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
intinst said:
Greetings and Welcome, Forster! Glad you found us and that you decided to come out of lurdom.
Since you mentioned it, have you seen The Book Corner? It has many threads for Bargain Books and Free Books.
Might help in the pocketbook area.
Oh yeah, I found those a while back. Between the bargain books, free books, book recommendations and the number of authors who post on here who's books I've boughten I'm going to have to run away for a month or so just to get caught up on my reading.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
It is nice to know that you won't run out of something to read for a while though, isn't it? Gotta love that Kindle!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kathy said:
Welcome. Great to have you here. I lived in Billings, MT until I was 8 years old. My father was from Ryegate and I still have family there. Beautiful country, but cold.
I once heard a speaker in Bozeman while I was going to college there, at least I think it was there, anyway she had a theory called the "cold cockroach theory" basically if you go where it is cold enough, no cockroaches! Works to keep people away too, not that I'd ever equate people to cockroaches or anything. ;D

I initially missed the moral of the story that there is good and bad in everything and one should focus on the good, but I think I finally figured it out.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Forster said:
I once heard a speaker in Bozeman while I was going to college there, at least I think it was there, anyway she had a theory called the "cold cockroach theory" basically if you go where it is cold enough, no cockroaches! Works to keep people away too, not that I'd ever equate people to cockroaches or anything. ;D

I initially missed the moral of the story that there is good and bad in everything and one should focus on the good, but I think I finally figured it out.
I have to tell you, we moved to the Houston area and it was the first time I had seen a cockroach. Scared my sisters and I to death. Never could get used to them. I hate them, so that is a good thing about cold weather.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Forster said:

Always lived in the South, wouldn't know how to act if I lived where there weren't cock roaches. I hate the Palmetto's, they are the size of a small dog. :eek:They fly like a bird and come in off the trees at night if you turn your porch light on. I run and squeal and call my hubby.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Always lived in the South, wouldn't know how to act if I lived where there weren't cock roaches. I hate the Palmetto's, they are the size of a small dog. :eek:They fly like a bird and come in off the trees at night if you turn your porch light on. I run and squeal and call my hubby.
Me too. One day a big one was in the house and DH wasn't home. No way was I going to step on it. I found a shoe box and slammed it over the thing and weighted it down with a hard backed book to wait for DH to kill it for me. He cracked up when he got home and saw the shoe box. I won't spray them either, they fly at you. :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Kathy said:
Me too. One day a big one was in the house and DH wasn't home. No way was I going to step on it. I found a shoe box and slammed it over the thing and weighted it down with a hard backed book to wait for DH to kill it for me. He cracked up when he got home and saw the shoe box. I won't spray them either, they fly at you. :)
We have so much in common! LOL

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Welcome!

I've lived in Missoula a couple of times.  Montana is in my top 2 favorite places I have lived.  My dream would be to split my time between Montana and Hawaii.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Always wanted to know someone from Montana, now I do.  Welcome to the boards Forster and glad you finally came over here to introduce your self.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sebat said:
Welcome!

I've lived in Missoula a couple of times. Montana is in my top 2 favorite places I have lived. My dream would be to split my time between Montana and Hawaii.
My daughter is going to the U of M in Missoula, The Bayern Brewery and Big Sky Breweries are two of my favorite Missoula places. She's back for spring break and has absconded with my kindle. :-\

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Forster said:
My daughter is going to the U of M in Missoula, The Bayern Brewery and Big Sky Breweries are two of my favorite Missoula places. She's back for spring break and has absconded with my kindle. :-\
Missoula has a beautiful campus. We did an Oktoberfest at Bayern. They had a German buffet set up. It was very good. That what the only time I ate there. I don't know why we never ate at Big Sky, I could have walked home from there. We lived right off of Expressway the last time.

You are in trouble now. Bet you will be buying another K before long. ;)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sebat said:
Missoula has a beautiful campus. We did an Oktoberfest at Bayern. They had a German buffet set up. It was very good. That what the only time I ate there. I don't know why we never ate at Big Sky, I could have walked home from there. We lived right off of Expressway the last time.

You are in trouble now. Bet you will be buying another K before long. ;)
Most assuredly, her birthday is in a month. ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome Forster!  I've already appreciated the screensavers you have added.

My brother and his family live in Montana; it's beautiful country and I love to visit there.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kim said:
Welcome Forster! I've already appreciated the screensavers you have added.

My brother and his family live in Montana; it's beautiful country and I love to visit there.
Where do they live and more importantly do they have a kindle? ;D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, I'm in (not from) Montana too!  Relatively new to the boards myself and the K2, which I love dearly and just bought a second for the wife's birthday (the first one was for her birthday too, but it arrived too early and became MY present... =)  ).  We're in Missoula until August and then moving to Fort Lewis in Washington.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts