Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jamie, and I received my first Kindle (K2) in April. It was a little birthday present I got for myself. :) And it arrived just in time for me to download a ton of books and take it with me for my five week vacay to Korea. It's exactly what I wanted. I'm in love (with no plans to get the DX).
I didn't have a case, though. The one I wanted (the M-Edge with the stand) would have arrived while I was out of the country, so I decided against getting it. Instead, I used a Coach purse bag (the flimsy cloth bag that holds the Coach purse). It worked fine against scratches, but I just couldn't bump it against anything for fear of breaking it. Very stressful.

So now I've decided against the M-Edge all together and am debating between the Mivizu in the red croc or the purple Noreve. Good thing I don't have any other trips I have to take for a while! This could take some time.  ::)

As far as favourite books, I love classical books. Russian authors are a favourite of mine. I also love reading about theoretical physics (for the pedestrian). Michio Kaku is really good with that and Neil deGrasse Tyson's books are fantastic. I also enjoyed Mitch Albom's books, well the three that I read I enjoyed. That surprised me as I usually don't enjoy the current popular books.
An example of that: I'm not a fan of Dan Brown or James Patterson (tried and hated).

What else? Oh, I'm 24. I suppose that's all. :D I love this forum, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to find it!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome Addie, I am pretty new to this forum as well.  Good luck with deciding on a cover, it can be difficult given all the choices, believe me I know.  The more you use the Kindle the more you will love it.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! It's so hard. I love and hate that there are so many choices. Now I can't decide if I want to get a skin with a case or a skin with a cover or just a cover ... this is definitely going to take forever.  ::)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I better get one of those really comfortable chairs. I have a feeling I'll be here for a while.  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the helpful links! Why do I get the feeling you're trying to have me glued to my laptop all day?  ;D I'll definitely check all those out. Just like everyone else here, I'm a bookworm.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hey,

Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Jamie - nice to have you here.  Intinst is our bestest "enabler" be sure and listen to his advise, you won't go wrong  ;)

What part of Texas are you from?  We have quite a few folks from all over the Great State  ;D

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi! Thanks for the welcome!

I'm already deep in book review after book review after book review! It's a sickness.

I'm living in San Antonio. I travel to Austin a lot, though. Can't get enough of that city!  ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hi Jamie,
Welcome to the Boards. 
Looking forward to more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi! Thanks! I'll make sure to not stir up any controversy!  ;)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I'm really loving this forum everyone is so friendly and there is so much information to look through. As if my Kindle addiction wasn't bad enough!

·
Registered
712 Posts
welcome aboard addielove. i lived in san antonio for 10 years til i married a dallas boy 36 years ago and made the trek north. (for a native south mississippian, then san antonian, dallas is way north lol) i still miss the little red barn and mi tierra though.  i think you will enjoy it here, the natives are friendly.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there :)
Glad you found the boards.I am sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us do :)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi! Thanks! I'm already loving this board. I've learned so much already! And it's nice to have people as obsessed with their Kindle as I am with mine. :)

crca56 said:
welcome aboard addielove. i lived in san antonio for 10 years til i married a dallas boy 36 years ago and made the trek north. (for a native south mississippian, then san antonian, dallas is way north lol) i still miss the little red barn and mi tierra though. i think you will enjoy it here, the natives are friendly.
I love Dallas ... except when it comes to the traffic. ;D The lack of traffic is one of the things I really love about San Antonio ... and the fantastic food. Yum.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
AddieLove said:
Hi! Thanks for the welcome!

I'm already deep in book review after book review after book review! It's a sickness.

I'm living in San Antonio. I travel to Austin a lot, though. Can't get enough of that city! ;D
Howdy from Houston! lots of great people on here even a few authors form Texas, Brassman and Brendan Carroll have both mentioned on here that they are alos from Texas... maybe more! Welcome!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Meredith Sinclair said:
Howdy from Houston! lots of great people on here even a few authors form Texas, Brassman and Brendan Carroll have both mentioned on here that they are alos from Texas... maybe more! Welcome!
Hi! Houston is a great city. I love visiting. Thanks so much for the welcome!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hey there welcome to KB's! I'm also 24 and a fellow texan, I live right outside of San Antonio.

Glad to cya here!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts