Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!
My name is Meg and I once thought that there would be no Christmas present comparable to my Barbie Dreamboat Yacht that I recieved at age 8. This year, I was proven wrong. From the child who holed up in the corner with a book on a farm in the middle of nowhere with no television or internet access to a young adult who now holes up on her sofa and escapes to fiction-land, especially when visting the farm, I am especially fond of my new Christmas present! What more could a bibliophile ask for? Well I'm hoping for the M-Edge Jade Executive Jacket and M-edge E-luminator. Any reviews? Can't wait to meet and greet all of you!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Hey, Megan!

Welcome to Kindleboards and congratulations on your first post!

For reviews of Kindle Kovers, go to the Accessories board and check them out.  Many have pictures!

Be sure to go to the Book Corner for free, bargain and favorite book recommendations!  AND we have Book Klubs starting next week!

Betsy

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Hi megan, thanks for that wonderful introduction. You will find lots of fellow bibliophiles here!! Betsy and company have great advice on cases and reading lights in the accessory board, so be sure to check that out. I look forward to seeing you out in the boards!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
It's amazing that a Kindle trumped a Barbie Dreamboat Yacht....well, not so amazing, really. It's a great little device and I love it more every day. Welcome, Megan. So glad to have you here!

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Great to have you here Megan - you will probably have to get a new sofa from wearing yours out curling up and reading.  This is a wonderful place to find books, better than a dtb store.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vampyre-
Thanks so much for the personalized suggestions! I will check some of those out. Any chance that you are joining the Dead Until Dark Book Klub?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Howdy Megan and welcome to KindleBoards! So happy you got the perfect Christmas present! I did, too... I just got mine a bit early!! :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Megan,

Hello & welcome to the Kindleboards!

This is a great place to give and receive information, advice, recommendations and just about anything else. Such as, that picture under your name is driving me *nuts* because I swear I've seen it before and cannot place it. It reminds me of a famous George Washington painting yet it could be from a book cover ::) What is it, please?

You will find tons of info about M-Edge covers in Accessories. I would like to gently point you in this direction as well http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1737.0.html

Of course, it's one of those things that I want but don't have :D

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Marci-
It's a painting called "Prayer at Valley Forge" and yes, it is of George Washington. Also, thanks for the cover advice!

G

·
megan said:
Vampyre-
Thanks so much for the personalized suggestions! I will check some of those out. Any chance that you are joining the Dead Until Dark Book Klub?
Your welcome.
No, I like the series but I read that book over a year ago and will have forgotten key points. I gave the books to the library and I don't intend on rebuying them. I'm not big on group functions either.

drenee said:
Vampyre, does this mean if we each tell you a little bit about ourselves you will do the searching for related books and then just give us the link? Awesome. LOL!
debbie
I can try but I wont guarantee anything. Ir will be limited to what I have read an my experience which varies greatly from more qualified people here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Chyna!
I saw you on the Vera Bradley board. I think we have the same taste in bags :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
megan said:
Hi Chyna!
I saw you on the Vera Bradley board. I think we have the same taste in bags :)
LOL...I have very expensive taste in purses...safe to say my VB is one of my "inexpensive" purchases ;-p Shhhhh, Pidgeon will try and steer you in the direction of a purse forum she belongs to :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts