Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!  I've had my Kindle since November of last year, a few weeks after it first debuted.  Needless to say I love my Kindle.  I try to alternate between bought books and free classics (I rely on the Mobileread forums and manybooks.net for my free classics) so I don't end up spending too much money on Kindle books.  I like reading science fiction, fantasy, history, biographies.  I absolutely love Wilkie Collins and have had a great time reading his novels on the Kindle.

I have a red M-edge cover which I really enjoy (probably one of the few guys who has red, I think!).  It's so much nicer to hold than the Amazon-supplied cover.  That and a Mighty Bright booklight are my only accessories.  I don't use a memory card, I wouldn't want to have to maneuver through all those screens of books.  I have about four pages of books on my Kindle and I delete books after I read them.  I keep copies of everything I download on my PC.  (I download all my books to PC because my home is out of Whispernet range.)

I was a member of a Kindle e-mail list for a long time, but I'm glad to have found this forum because I find forums a lot easier to use than e-mail lists.

That's about it... nice to meet you all!   :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Howdy backatcha Lee!  Welcome!  you just might be one the longest Kindlers here.  :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hello Lee, Welcome Aboard. You are an old-timer with your Kindle. It is good to know that the medge is easy to hold. I found the amazon cover was terrible to use also and took it off right away and have nothing on it now so I will check into the cover. Glad to meet you also.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi, Lee, welcome. Glad to have you here!

I have a klaret kover...actually, I think it's a pretty popular color.

Go add your vote to the "when did I receive my Kindle" thread. You might be our first person from last November.

Leslie

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oops, my mistake!  I ordered it at the end of November 2007 but didn't receive it until Dec. 6.

Thanks Leslie, I just added my vote to the "when did you receive" poll.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts