Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my highest selling day yesterday (not a ton but it got my monthly number to 30). Then I wake up and I had 4 refunds across the titles of my serial. Any idea what could have happened?

·
Registered
385 Posts
EC Richard said:
I had my highest selling day yesterday (not a ton but it got my monthly number to 30). Then I wake up and I had 4 refunds across the titles of my serial. Any idea what could have happened?
If it was evenly spread across the titles, unfortunately, it sounds like a "serial returner" (no pun intended). Sadly, there are punks out there who feel justified in buying, loving, and returning an author's entire series...all in a row.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
There are several things that could have happened. Are they in Select? Did you get borrows? I can't tell you how often I get a refund, then a little while later, a borrow shows up--especially in January. It happened last year and this year as people who have trial Prime memberships try to figure out how to do the borrow thing.

Next is just that people using phones or tablets may have clicked on the buy button on accident. Those things can be super sensitive! Maybe they meant to get a sample but their finger brushed on the Buy button in passing.

Then, there are people who just don't like the books, but keep in mind, that the above reasons could just as likely be the reason. Don't let returns get you down too much.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I've had more returns than usual this month and I blame it on people who are new to Kindle pushing the wrong buttons. Don't take it personally.

My three volume serial is also available as a boxed set and I've noticed I frequently have a return of the first volume followed by a purchase of the boxed set. I think people realize the boxed set is a better deal so return Volume 1 and buy the boxed set.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
I've had more returns than usual this month and I blame it on people who are new to Kindle pushing the wrong buttons.
We always blame it on the buttonpushers. :)

Yes, I find any time period when we expect to see lot of new kindles, usually incurred a larger number of returns.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Based on what I've seen from readers posting here, there are a lot of accidental button pushes.  But, unfortunately, there are also serial returners.  :mad:  It's going to happen...

Betsy

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Probably a combination of big fingers, poor sight, and small screens :) Check if borrows followed the returns. It happened to me twice this month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts