Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the few that haven't read Wool et al yet, you can pick it up for a song and do your bit for charity as part of a Humble Bundle.

And now we are seeing ebooks begin to more into the more novel distribution/marketing systems used by computer game companies.

Gaming is an amazing look into how digital changes things. There are many exceptional indie titles available predominantly through Steam. Bundles of (mostly) indie games are offered through a whole bunch of websites for fun/profit/charity. Indie game developers use the bundles to promote upcoming titles, much like the way indie authors use free books.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
IT IS ONLY THE AUDIO BOOK

In case you make the mistake I made and think it's the ebooks, it's not. I bought the bundle JUST for WOOL and found out it was audio book only.
I emailed HB support and said "oh come on guys, make that clear!" they refunded me (which I didn't even ask for) and said they'd pass it on.
But I think it's really not clear that this is only the audio book.
I don't do audio books, so that didn't work for me and I don't think I'd be the only one who'd confuse it.
So, WARNING! :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Julian Bray said:
Not sure if it has changed since you mailed them, but the Wool thumbnail is a CD in a CD cover.
I know, but it doesn't state that it's ONLY the audiobook and since everything else in there has an ebook, it was surprising and confusing.
They do audiobook bundles too.
I just felt they could have been more clear just by adding "Audiobook" to "Wool Omnibus". That's all it'd take.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
There are also comic book issues and a game included. It's a multi-format kind of bundle.  And a really really good deal for the monies. :)

(I'm in there, too, so I'm not totally unbiased, but it is a super good deal)

·
Registered
325 Posts
To be fair to Humble, who are awesome, not only is there a picture of a CD but the description starts by saying who is narrating it. And they specify right at the top that the bundle is multi-format. So they made it pretty clear in both picture and text what we're getting for our $1-15+; I disagree that they are at all being misleading.

It's a fantastic bundle.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't stick up for 'em. They've been the source of much lost productivity in my life. The buggers  ;D

*wanders off to listen to a book when he should be writing*

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Look, I didn't post here to say that they are wrong or that the audio book isn't awesome. I just wanted to help others avoid making my mistake and offset the disappointment. OKay? :D

I ADORE Humble bundle. I have purchased nearly every bundle they've ever put out. I'm a huge fan and supporter of their work.

I think it'd be CLEARER if they'd just said "AUDIOBOOK" on the line of "Wool"'s title. That's all. :)
But regardless, it doesn't matter. I'm just saying "SO YOU KNOW". :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts