·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Quiss said:
Yeah yeah yeah, Hugh Howey wins the year.
I'm not the only one sick of these threads? :-[

What really annoys me -- seriously -- is that Wool gets all this attention when there are authors having much better years. Bella Andre, CJ Lyons, and a few others invited me to attend an event with them this year, even though I don't really qualify! Everyone in the group is a million+ e-book seller. I haven't sold half a million books (I'm thankful for every single sale, so I'm not complaining, but these ladies are knocking it out of the park!)

It's just that romance is looked down upon in a way that I used to think was unique to science fiction (since that's my personal ghetto, it's what I've been sensitive to). So . . . for those who think this attention is undue, you're not the only ones! The real winners this year are all the writers who paid a bill, quit a job, or got out of debt because of the e-book revolution. I'm just a dork who can't dance, so gets a lot of attention.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hugh Howey said:
... It's just that romance is looked down upon in a way that I used to think was unique to science fiction...
All genre fiction is looked down upon by the literary crowd. Don't feel bashful. Traditional literary fiction is the world where people write hoping they are famous after they die not while they are alive to enjoy it. Enjoy your success!
Me, I love the quote by R Kiyosaki that says "I want to be a best selling author, not a best writing author" because that means you are successful when you can enjoy it. I'm trying to improve my writing skillz but enjoy writing genre fiction because it's a fun medium.
Keep running Hugh Howey and let us know how to tail in your draft. See I cleverly invoked writing Hugh Howey - maybe my sales will go up on this very popular day? ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do I get bonus points for helping him win the year, if only by a little? (Helping edit an anthology one of his short stories is in has to count for something...right? Right?)  ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL I thought you may want to  pop in on that thread, and see the immediate feedback from readers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts