Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Kongratulations, katbird1 !!  The refurbs seem to vanish just as fast as they are posted..... good job!  Now the wait for delivery begins and that is SUCH an exciting time.  You won't be disappointed..... the Kindle is simply amazing!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, you'll probably think I'm nuts, but I'm going with the super saver shipping, which estimates at 1/5.  I'm reading Duma Key and have just GOT to finish that before the Kindle arrives.  If it comes earlier, Duma Key will be left unfinished indefinitely, and I truly can wait a few more days.

Now, I have a question.  I've still got my first Kindle that I ordered still in my account.  Should I delete that or wait until the refurb comes and make sure it is OK?  If I order a book, what will happen since I now have 2 Kindles in my account?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I don't think you're nuts, I did ss shipping on both the ones I ordered.

I would keep the order in place till you're sure you have a good one!

As for ordering, you can specify where each book you order goes.  With my two, once I overrode the default switch to the newer one, everything has come to my first one.  Yours may automatically switch to the new one.  When you buy a book, on the right, there's a little box that says "send wirelessly to" and the name of the Kindle it is to be sent to with a drop down menu to pick a different one.

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Woo-hooo Kathy! Way to go! You'll have to let us know when you get it so we can celebrate with you again! :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
katbird1 said:
Well, you'll probably think I'm nuts, but I'm going with the super saver shipping, which estimates at 1/5. I'm reading Duma Key and have just GOT to finish that before the Kindle arrives. If it comes earlier, Duma Key will be left unfinished indefinitely, and I truly can wait a few more days.
I just got my Kindle today and I was in the middle of Pandora's Star and so I one-clicked my way to reading it on the Kindle...I figured "what's five more bucks after I just spent $$ on the Kindle, the skin, the Oberon..." ;)
It took me about five minutes to find my place and now I am trying to figure out what to do with the big clunky paperback. Ha ha!!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
katbird1 said:
Well, you'll probably think I'm nuts, but I'm going with the super saver shipping, which estimates at 1/5.
I did free shipping, too. I got mine in August during the $100 off promotion and I couldn't see spending extra money for speedy delivery when I'd just saved so much. It still came in about a week, so I was thrilled. I always do free shipping, so I'm used to waiting.

Hope you get yours as fast as I got Little Gertie.

G

·
Very cool.  I hope you get it before they ship the other one.  :)  Super Saver is the way to go if you can stand the waiting.  It's too hard for me when it's something I really want like a new Kindle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats, BambiB, and thank you everyone else for joining in the fun of my day, I really appreciate all of your input.  ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts