Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Kindle 2 in my handbag as I hardly go anywhere with out it. I got a drink and was at the table in the coffee shop. Took out my Kindle and literaly was surrounded by about ten people who had a million questions on the kindle. It turn out to be a question and answer period. So many people have heard of it and never saw one. I told them of this website and of amazon. It was amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
How exciting for you.  Most people can't get one person to ask about their Ks and you had ten! 
It's always fun to talk about a Kindle.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
That's so cool! I love demoing my Kindle.  The problem is, I have already done that to all my friends.  I have never seen another Kindle in the wild nor have I ever been asked about it by a stranger in public.  :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Do we still have a need for books stores? I think I will let my Barnes & Noble membership card expire now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
NogDog said:
Hmm...maybe I finally have a name for my K2: "Chick Magnet." ;)
Just make sure that when you demo it, you don't have questionable titles on your home page.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
I have only had 2 people ask about mine and it was at two different times and places. You got to conduct a full q&a demo. That's so fun, did you get any odd looks from the borders employees?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Just make sure that when you demo it, you don't have questionable titles on your home page.
Hmm...what are you saying, I should make sure they don't see The Complete Works of Mark Twain? 8)

PS: Maybe I should get a custom skin that makes my Kindle look like it's furry and wearing a bandana....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
NogDog said:
Hmm...what are you saying, I should make sure they don't see The Complete Works of Mark Twain? 8)
Oh, I'm sure that would be a fine "chick magnet"! :D

NogDog said:
PS: Maybe I should get a custom skin that makes my Kindle look like it's furry and wearing a bandana....
??? I'm feeling dense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
NogDog said:
A friendly looking dog wearing a bandanna is reputed to be a "chick magnet" (though not as good as a baby in a stroller).
Hmm, I see. I'd say go with the dog idea; a baby just implies all sorts of other complications.....

Doesn't the original NogDog own a bandanna? :D Maybe one to match your Kindle cover, if you use one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Hmm, I see. I'd say go with the dog idea; a baby just implies all sorts of other complications.....
The secret is to borrow someone else's baby and tell anyone who's attracted by the "magnet" that you're just baby sitting. :)
Doesn't the original NogDog own a bandanna? :D Maybe one to match your Kindle cover, if you use one?
I think we've got a couple from the doggy spa lying around here somewhere, but I'm generally against dressing up dogs unless there's a utilitarian purpose. Wait...chick magnet sounds pretty utilitarian to me! . . . 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
NogDog said:
The secret is to borrow someone else's baby and tell anyone who's attracted by the "magnet" that you're just baby sitting. :)
It strikes me that a woman who knows you well enough and trusts you enough to let you babysit her infant in a public place would also like you enough to introduce you to all of her single friends. :)

NogDog said:
I think we've got a couple from the doggy spa lying around here somewhere, but I'm generally against dressing up dogs unless there's a utilitarian purpose. Wait...chick magnet sounds pretty utilitarian to me! . . . 8)
The doggy spa?? Doesn't sound all that utilitarian.... :D And I'm sure the original ND would be more than happy to get dressed up if it nets him some extra ear scratchies (or whatever he likes best) from a cute-dog-smitten person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
geniebeanie said:
I had my Kindle 2 in my handbag as I hardly go anywhere with out it. I got a drink and was at the table in the coffee shop. Took out my Kindle and literaly was surrounded by about ten people who had a million questions on the kindle. It turn out to be a question and answer period. So many people have heard of it and never saw one. I told them of this website and of amazon. It was amazing.
What on earth were you doing in Borders?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Susan in VA said:
...The doggy spa??
Best Friends (where he'll be staying for a few days next weekend as I head to Florida for a quick 3-1/2 day cruise to the Bahamas! ;D )

...And I'm sure the original ND would be more than happy to get dressed up if it nets him some extra ear scratchies (or whatever he likes best) from a cute-dog-smitten person.
Butt scratches, if you really must know. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,848 Posts
It's a pretty cool feeling to show off my kindle.  I saw my first one in an airport lounge in Europe the day after I bought my K1.  The lady reading was happy to show it off to me ... now I completely understand how she felt.  I mostly have people ask me to show off my K2 when I'm traveling - and I enjoy showing it off.  A couple weeks ago, on my way home from China, I had one person ask me about it and soon had a few rows if interested people wanting to take a peak at it. 

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
If you want to be asked about your Kindle, take it for a mani-pedi! It happens every time I go, and at least one person there bought a K after seeing mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,481 Posts
I was in Best Buy yesterday waiting to speak to a salesclerk about a 3GS when another clerk stopped to see if I needed help. I was looking for something in my purse when the guy saw my Kindle and apologetically asked about that thing taking up all of the space in my little purse. When I said it was my Kindle, he wanted to know if he could see it. Of course, I took it out (dressed in its beautiful Oberon and DG skin), woke it up, and showed it off. He kept stopping other sales people who walked by so that they could see it. (One of them had seen a Kindle, but all  of the others hadn't.) After I concluded my purchase and was ready to leave, the guy shook my hand, said it was great to meet me, and then added that I'd made his day by letting him see my Kindle.  I chucked all of the way out of the store.

It was fun sharing the technology and possibly luring someone over to "the other side." It wasn't the first time that I've had a chance to show it to someone, but it was enjoyable.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top