Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't be getting my kindle till 12/5-/12/12 sometime and I ordered my first book already..

The Stand by Stephen King

Its my favorite book of all time and I seem to have a copy of every version made. I reread it once a year so I figured why not get the Kindle version?

Next will be Koontz's Odd Thomas series..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Chobitz, I have a question for you.  I'm waiting for my Kindle, but mine won't come until February!!!!  Yikes!!!!  Anyway, do you know when the charge you for the book you ordered ... immediately, or do they charge when they send your Kindle or when you actually download it to your device?

Thanks.  I'm thinking of pre-ordering stuff in the future, but don't want to spend money on things that will have to wait three months to get.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Bruin,

They charge you when you buy the book. But my experience was that you can't buy a Kindle book til it is registered to your account, which happens shortly before it gets ready to ship.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
What a great first book Chobitz, one of my favorite. I read the DTB many years ago but bought it for $2.95 for my Kindle. Can't wait to read it again!  :)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Great first book and Welcome Chobitz!!  I bought The Stand when I ordered my Kindle and I'm reading it right now..... and once again.... loving every minute of it!!  I was so glad to see that they came out with the unabridged version.... and it was definitely a "must have" for me!!!  Thank goodness the Kindle is SO much easier on my eyes so I can read longer than I used to be able to with a DTB.  Happy to have you with us!  It's a great group of people here!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
That will be one of my first books too!

I lost a lot of books in a fire and never replaced them, partly sapce reasons, partly expense. I think I will replace all I can of my favs in Kindle version.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Stand is the next book on my list to read. So many people like it and that makes me look forward to reading it.

Leslie said:
Bruin,

They charge you when you buy the book. But my experience was that you can't buy a Kindle book til it is registered to your account, which happens shortly before it gets ready to ship.

L
Oh I hope you are right, Leslie. As of this morning, Tim's delivery date for his Kindle got bumped back from 12/8-12/12 to 12/15-12/26. But he has been on my "Manage Your Kindle" section for about a week now.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Bruin,

Just for info, I ordered my 2nd K on Nov 10. It is supposed to ship Dec 8 -12, but it was registered on my account on Nov 11, one day after I ordered it. I even ordered a book for it (my wife's), so that it will be downloaded as soon as she turns it on. Amazon seemed to have it fully registered and ready to receive orders with 24 hours of purchase.

Steve

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks, Steve, I'll check it out.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I checked it out and I can buy books and have them linked to my Kindle, even though it won't be delivered for three months.  Yikes.  That could be dangerous.  I see Amazon gift cards in my Christmas future!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Suzanne said:
The Stand is the next book on my list to read. So many people like it and that makes me look forward to reading it.

Oh I hope you are right, Leslie. As of this morning, Tim's delivery date for his Kindle got bumped back from 12/8-12/12 to 12/15-12/26. But he has been on my "Manage Your Kindle" section for about a week now.
If it has been in your Manage Your Kindle it would make me think a physical object exists with a serial number attached to it. That seems to be the key.

I think the people who are getting shipping dates in February are buying Kindles that haven't been built yet.

My 2 cents which is really just as much speculation as anyone else.

L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts