Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it but the users guide is for K1, its makes it confusing for me. Since I never had a K1.
And the pics don't mesh with the K2.
I am going to call CS!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I eagerly turned on my new Kindle 2 and waited for my books to download. However, for some reason my library at AMazon had the user guide for Kindle 1 on it and it downloaded and got rid of the Kindle 2 user guide. The rep I spoke to when I called said I was the first Kindle 2 customer he had had to work with so far. He was unable to do anything from his end, tried resending the guide, but it just resent the guide from Kindle 1. He has opened a ticket with the developers to try and correct it. It's not that big of a deal since I have the Kindle 2 guide on my computer, but I would like to have the correct guide on my Kindle. Otherwise I LOVE my new Kindle  ;D

·
Registered
419 Posts
mine did that too, they couldn't do anything right now, but have opened a ticket for it. I have also emailed the pdf for the right guide to my Kindle but it hasn't shown up yet.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think you can download from the site (its in .pdf) and email to your Kindle for conversion by Amazon?

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's easy to fix. I had the K2 User Guide on my Kindle when I turned it on, but it was version 1, and there's already a version 2. If you go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200317150, you can see the different versions of the User Guide (for both Kindles), and instructions are below on how to update to the newest version. Let me know if you have any trouble. I updated mine literally 5 minutes ago.

Also, you can download the .azw version instead of the PDF version.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just posted this info for chocochibi in another thread. This should help!

It's easy to fix. I had the K2 User Guide on my Kindle when I turned it on, but it was version 1, and there's already a version 2. If you go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200317150, you can see the different versions of the User Guide (for both Kindles), and instructions are below on how to update to the newest version. Let me know if you have any trouble. I updated mine literally 5 minutes ago.

Also, you can download the .azw version instead of the PDF version.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
chocochibi said:
Sorry Leslie,
have we driven you crazy yet? ;)
Not yet! I am enjoying this as much as everyone else. I love all this excitement.

I just looked at the clock...it is almost 6 pm. I haven't done a lick of work for 4 hours!

L

·
Registered
615 Posts
Leslie said:
Not yet! I am enjoying this as much as everyone else. I love all this excitement.

I just looked at the clock...it is almost 6 pm. I haven't done a lick of work for 4 hours!

L
My guess is you're gonna love the K2 despite initial qualms. I think the navigation changes look to be much better. Funny how so many non-buyers who hated the look of the K1 are now writing they think this one is beautiful.

You know? I was using my web browser today to follow links, and even the K1 browsing seems better now. Faster with less odd formatting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts