Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am Michele, aka Lady Blue.  My Kindle should be here in a few days...hope I last that long!  I have already started scoping out books to d/l as soon as I am able. 

I live in Washington State with my husband of nearly 34 years and four grown sons, as well as five cats!  I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember.  Just ask my husband who is close to tripping over my many books around here.  The silly man thought I wanted the Kindle specifically for our vacation trips...Uh, no, dear.  I am trying to stop the clutter!  (Think he will buy that one?)

Anyway, I look forward to reading all I can about Miss Kindle so I am prepared when she finally arrives (hopefully by Friday).

Michele
Rams fan trapped in Sea Hawk country!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Michele!

Congratulations on your pending Kindle!  You know you can start ordering books now...  And the prices change, sometimes they go up, so if you see any good deals you should definitely order them!  Lots of free, bargain and favorite book recommendations in the Book Corner!  Plus, your new Kindle may need some accessories, so check out our Accessories board, too!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Michele and congrats on your first post! This is a great place to spend time as you patiently wait on Miss Kindle.  ;) Feel free to ask questions.

Linda

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Michele!
I wasn't sure if we could be friends at first, as I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan but I'll put our Missouri football aside to say Hello! :) Maybe later we can lament over football woes.
I'm a very new Kindle owner and don't worry- it is well worth the wait! Even better than you can imagine. I probably don't have many answers to questions, as I'm learning myself but the folks here are fabulous. Welcome, again!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to order a book but because I have not registered my Kindle yet, I was not able to.  Is there a trick I am missing to by-pass the 16 digit number found on the actual Kindle that is needed?

Congratulations on your pending Kindle!  You know you can start ordering books now... 

·
Registered
869 Posts
Lady Blue said:
I tried to order a book but because I have not registered my Kindle yet, I was not able to. Is there a trick I am missing to by-pass the 16 digit number found on the actual Kindle that is needed?

Congratulations on your pending Kindle! You know you can start ordering books now...
Hi, Michele -

Glad to have you here! I will do my best to support you in waiting for your Kindle. I, like Megan, cannot support the team you've become a dedicated fan to. [boo-hiss, Rams - Go Seahawks! 'Cept, of course our season was just as sucky as yours :p ]

BTW, I do think you need to be registered before you can download samples or buy books.

Did you purchase the Kindle or is it a gift? The answer will help us help you :)

Marci

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Lady Blue, I am glad you found us. I can tell you that I was able to order Samples for Libi before she arrived. Even though only 10 show up on Amazon's Screen, all the ones I wanted downloaded as soon as I received her and turned her on. Of course, there is nothing to stop you from exploring the free book sites and downloading freebies in advance. There is a Free Books! sticky in The Book Corner that will tell you all you need to know.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Michele, welcome. Glad to have you here.

Your Kindle needs to be registered to your account before you can get books and samples for it. Did you buy it from Amazon or somewhere else?

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Michele - at least you are not a cowboy fan - ugh! you do have a team - I think even the Lions are better than the boys - ugh!

Be patient you will get your kindle and will love it so much that you will completely forget the pain of waiting.  :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
megan said:
Hi Michele!
I wasn't sure if we could be friends at first, as I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan but I'll put our Missouri football aside to say Hello! :) Maybe later we can lament over football woes.
I'm a very new Kindle owner and don't worry- it is well worth the wait! Even better than you can imagine. I probably don't have many answers to questions, as I'm learning myself but the folks here are fabulous. Welcome, again!
After this season are you still a Chiefs fan :'(

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Michele and welcome to KindleBoards! You have come to the right place to wait for the arrival of your Kindle! Glad to have you here!!

Anju said:
Welcome Michele - at least you are not a cowboy fan - ugh! you do have a team - I think even the Lions are better than the boys - ugh!
I will second that one Anju!! ;) I think I may be the only Texan that finds something else to do when *that* team is playing!! ::)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts