Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kindle's battery craps out the second I turn on Whispernet. Amazon is not offering any help other than to send me an email full of tips that either tell me what I already know or are completely useless. Any ideas? Know where I can get a new one?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts

What'cha doing?

FYI...Replacement Batteries
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:10:16 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just read this elsewhere and thought it might be nice to have a record of it here.

Radio Shack now has a replacement battery for the Kindle....

www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417205

Dantona® 3.7V/1530mAh Li-poly Battery for Amazon Kindle

$21.99
Model: PRB-2
Catalog #: 55030933

It is only available online.

This is the post I was talking about, hope it helps. :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Bluejarzen said:
My Kindle's battery craps out the second I turn on Whispernet. Amazon is not offering any help other than to send me an email full of tips that either tell me what I already know or are completely useless. Any ideas? Know where I can get a new one?
If your Kindle is still under warranty, I would call back and kick up a fuss. Ask for a supervisor. They should be replacing the battery (or the Kindle, if the problem lies there), not just brushing you off.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
MonaSW said:
If your Kindle is still under warranty, I would call back and kick up a fuss. Ask for a supervisor. They should be replacing the battery (or the Kindle, if the problem lies there), not just brushing you off.
Ditto...I didn't even think to ask if your Kindle is still under warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadly it is out of warranty. I purchased it in Nov '07  :(

I tried the radio shack option per their suggestion but had no luck as it is sold out everywhere. I don't NEED whispernet but it is annoying not to have it. Especially when turning on whispernet is enough to lock up the Kindle enough to justify a reset and recharge. Thank you guys for the help, I'll call back and badger customer service into getting one shipped out.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Are the first gen known to have problems.
The second gen might be fixed but then again, don't know how many people will pick up the second version when they have the first version already?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Kind said:
Are the first gen known to have problems.
The second gen might be fixed but then again, don't know how many people will pick up the second version when they have the first version already?
There are many people who have had the Kindle for a year or more who are still on the original battery, so I don't think it is a widespread problem.

·
Registered
869 Posts
There a 3 companies, not including Amazon, making or importing Kindle batteries?

• Radio Shack
  • Cameron Sino Technology Limited
  • Mystery battery by eBay UK store "DMC-Batteries" -- could be same as Trekker's, I can't tell

Marci

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Marci said:
There a 3 companies, not including Amazon, making or importing Kindle batteries?

• Radio Shack
  • Cameron Sino Technology Limited
  • Mystery battery by eBay UK store "DMC-Batteries" -- could be same as Trekker's, I can't tell

Marci
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So there is really only *two* alternatives to Amazon for purchasing batteries:
  • Radio Shack
  • Cameron Sino Technology Limited - multiple outlets

Just trying to clarify for future reference :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts