Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my kindle, been an owner since 2009 (K2), but my K3s are giving me trouble.

I bought one for my daughter last fall, and within a month had to replace it due to screen problems. She insists she didn't drop it. Then the replacement kindle had to be replaced for the exact same problem. Then, I dropped  doll house on my K2 (long story) and broke it, so ordered a K3 for myself. Within days it failed and I had to replace it. The replacement recently acted up, although it at least responded to a reset sequence.

Has anyone every had a completely blank screen before? I had only used it for about 1/2 hour - setting up all the transfer books, etc - and then when I looked at it a couple of days later it said it needed charging due to a dead battery. I put it on charge (it showed the charge screen), but when I picked it up the next morning it had a completely blank screen and would not respond to the power switch. I plugged it in to charge again, then reset it, and it came back. I am afraid it'll go again, though.

I am a kindle convert, but this is really disheartening, especially since I now have experienced four broken ones!

I am excited because I just got an HTC Desire, but I hope it doesn't give me as much trouble, LOL!

Kathy

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have been having so much trouble but let me assure you that this happends other places as well.  Anytime you mass produce anything: books, electronics or cloths runts of the litter happen and each time you buy one you sort of spin the wheel and take your chances.  I have heard from Sony PRS owners that say the same thing as you do about your Kindles.  I heard from one person in New York that had five Kobos in rapid secession each unable to turn on.  These things happen.  The only thing that you can do is to see if Amazon will do what is often referred to as a burn in, this is where the unit that you get is taken aside and the screen is specifically tested for approximately thirty six hours, in the test they specifically attempt to make the unit fail.  Some companies will do that for you since you have been having such bum luck with the Kindles.  Let me also assure you that this problem is not specific to amazon it happends with everyone that sets out to make anything electronic.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wow, you have had some bad K3 luck!  I've had mine since Christmas and haven't had any issues with it at all.  My sister just got one last week and so far she's not reported any issues either.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
KathyBell said:
I love my kindle, been an owner since 2009 (K2), but my K3s are giving me trouble.

I bought one for my daughter last fall, and within a month had to replace it due to screen problems. She insists she didn't drop it. Then the replacement kindle had to be replaced for the exact same problem. Then, I dropped doll house on my K2 (long story) and broke it, so ordered a K3 for myself. Within days it failed and I had to replace it. The replacement recently acted up, although it at least responded to a reset sequence.

Has anyone every had a completely blank screen before? I had only used it for about 1/2 hour - setting up all the transfer books, etc - and then when I looked at it a couple of days later it said it needed charging due to a dead battery. I put it on charge (it showed the charge screen), but when I picked it up the next morning it had a completely blank screen and would not respond to the power switch. I plugged it in to charge again, then reset it, and it came back. I am afraid it'll go again, though.

I am a kindle convert, but this is really disheartening, especially since I now have experienced four broken ones!

I am excited because I just got an HTC Desire, but I hope it doesn't give me as much trouble, LOL!

Kathy
Kathy,

Are you transferring a lot of books? That could be draining the battery...and have you talked to Kindle Customer Service?

Betsy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts