Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D  Hello all,

I am here in starbucks but no other Kindles in the wild - I keep trying to make eye contact but no-one - I feel kind of silly.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
KindTrish said:
:D Hello all,

I am here in starbucks but no other Kindles in the wild - I keep trying to make eye contact but no-one - I feel kind of silly.
I got lazy and did not get to starbucks. One if the reasons I did not push myself is I thought I would be like you the only one sitting in starbucks reading my kindle.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
KindTrish said:

I went to Starbucks with my daughter and her friend so at least I had some company! One person came up and asked me about my Kindle but I didn't see anyone else. Oh well, we had a nice quiet hour of reading and enjoying a cup of coffee.

L

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am being dramatic..... it is kind of funny - I was so sure there would be someone:)  But I am having a nice chat with other Kindlers on the Kindle Board - until my laptop battery drains.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
KindTrish said:
I am being dramatic..... it is kind of funny - I was so sure there would be someone:) But I am having a nice chat with other Kindlers on the Kindle Board - until my laptop battery drains.
That is a good idea bringing your laptop. If I had gone I could have bought my tiny laptop. Oh well maybe I will stop in starbucks later. I need to buy some coffee.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Awesome Nessa, a succesful meetup.  How exciting. 
I can't wait to hear more reports.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I had a good meeting as stated on the other thread!  Wonderful idea!  I did take a good book to read, on my kindle of course, just in case no one else showed up  ;D

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was the only Kindler at my Starbucks, but I enjoyed the coffee and the reading anyway. ;D
jp

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Dori said:
One cute old man kept looking at me but he was reading a dead tree book ;D
I don't know why this struck me as funny, but it really is making me laugh.

deb

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know what you mean! No one showed at my Starbucks in DC, either. Oh well, I had a nice cup of koffee and read a little.

Perhaps next time this could be organized on meetup.com or facebook, or something, so we could know the places where people are likely to show.

KindTrish said:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I think there are just so many Starbucks that it's possible each one had 1 person in it with a kindle. I mean there are 24 in my city. How would know which one to meet at?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Dori said:
well he saw a cute gal and couldn't get up the courage!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Dori said:
Thank you Dori, I finaly know what DTB stands for!! I agree with Anju. With the shy ones, you have to make the first move

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I was the only one at my nearby coffee shop but I had a great time in the chat with other KindleBoarders and got to show off my KK some too.  Read a little, had some great coffee..... it was a really nice time!!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hmmm,  wondering if it is a Saturday thingy for the cutsey lil ole gray haired man. ;D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Dori said:
Hmmm, wondering if it is a Saturday thingy for the cutsey lil ole gray haired man. ;D
I bet he's sitting at home right now with his DTB and wondering who that classy lady was that was so sophisticated with her electronic reading device. He needs to be enlightened about the Kindle and you're just the one to do it, Dori!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The biggest mistake most of you made...

Going to Starbucks.  :D

Seriously, how can you guys stand that stuff?

Peee-ewwww!

Dunkin' for me any day. (Or Timmy's if I'm in Canada!)

Even McD's serves a better cup than Starbucks. :p

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Actually, I am not much of a fan of Starbucks, but the tall latte I had today was very good. The comfy easy chairs were nice, too. None of those at Dunkin Donuts.  ;)

L

1 - 20 of 59 Posts