Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or so I am told by friends, family and coworkers.  I think I might fit in here!  Since my children have grown up and moved out, I have a little extra cash for cell phones, mp3 players, HDTV, camcorders, etc.  And the great thing is that eBay allows me to sell the old and buy the new so it's almost a self-supporting addiction.

I am anxiously awaiting my first Kindle.  My fellow geek-manager pushed the right buttons and got me interested and now I will have one in my hands before he does.  I have loved reading my entire life (Nancy Drew was such a good friend) but have gone the way of audio books the last few years.  The people who have suggested, "Why don't you just buy a book" just don't get it.

On a more personal level, I lived in a Cleveland suburb most of my life.  I moved to a teeny town in southeast Indiana (think caskets) about 2 years ago for a great job.  Big culture change!  Single mom, three grown kids, 2 grandkids and one more on the way.  My kids tell me I'll be the old lady on the street that lives by herself with all the cats.

I've been completely engrossed in the board the last few days preparing for my new purchase.  Hope it gets here soon.  Glad to meet all of you!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, ib505! Sounds normal to me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.