Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris leaves for Europe today and will be gone for 5 weeks!  ack!  We do everything together so I'm going to be a little lost and kinda despressed. 

I am flying to Germany on the 21st and spending a week with him there which is about 1/2 way through his trip.  I am looking forward to that but I can't sleep without his snoring as my white noise.  :(

On the brighter side....  more Kindle time....  and Kindleboards time.... 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Aww, I'm sorry.  That's sad, I know how you feel.  Glad you're trying to look on the bright side, but that's hard no matter what.  That'll be fun to go visit him in Germany! 
We'll keep you company  ;) !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Awwww.....  it'll be ok.  You'll have lots of time to spend with your Kindle thank goodness.  And how fun that you get to go to Germany!  I've always wanted to go!

As Betsy said, we'll keep 'ya company!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Awwww Kirsten, how sad that is. Absence makes the heart grow fonder AND you will get to go to Germany to visit him. The kitties will make you feel loved and comforted too. And we are always here for you. Between the Kitties, Good Books and Good Kindle Friends...we will try to keep you supported.

Me and hubby are the same way...do everything together, so when he gets called out of state (the party begins!!! just kidding ;D) I sure miss him, but you know what...the house is sooooo much more peaceful and the pets are so much more calm...hmmmm, wonder when he'll be leaving again...LOL


HARVEY...THANK YOU sooooo much for the spell check. (now everyone won't know how really ignorant I am with the English Language) Only had 5 errors on this one ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chris will be away for so long. I usually enjoy the first couple of days that DH is away for but then it does get old after a while.

We'll be happy to keep you company :)))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sailor said:
Awwww Kirsten, how sad that is. Absence makes the heart grow fonder AND you will get to go to Germany to visit him. The kitties will make you feel loved and comforted too. And we are always here for you. Between the Kitties, Good Books and Good Kindle Friends...we will try to keep you supported.

Me and hubby are the same way...do everything together, so when he gets called out of state (the party begins!!! just kidding ;D) I sure miss him, but you know what...the house is sooooo much more peaceful and the pets are so much more calm...hmmmm, wonder when he'll be leaving again...LOL


HARVEY...THANK YOU sooooo much for the spell check. (now everyone won't know how really ignorant I am with the English Language) Only had 5 errors on this one ;)
For me - the house is more peaceful - he isn't here with his giant tv turned up too loud. The cats on the other hand miss him so they go from room to room and cry. He gives them a lot of attention and they miss having him around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Kirstin said:
For me - the house is more peaceful - he isn't here with his giant tv turned up too loud. The cats on the other hand miss him so they go from room to room and cry. He gives them a lot of attention and they miss having him around.
My kitties are the same way...they love their daddy. One cat especially, Romeo, will cry and pace from the bed to hubby's chair until he gets home from work when Romeo feels lonely. I can call and coo and try to get Romeo to come to me for love, but no, he ONLY wants his daddy.
Amen sister to the Loud TV...LOL Keeps you from enjoying a good book. I am going to LOVE the headphone feature and drown out the tv with some 'white noise'. Or put on hubbie's shooting ear muffs and drown out the world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
It's usually the other way around for me and my hubby -- I am the one who is gone, and he's home with the pets. I spent 3 months working in Germany a few years ago, and I don't know if my hubby missed me, but my dog and cats did!

What part of Germany will Chris be in? It's a terrific country! He will enjoy it. And this is your opportunity to see it, too.

And, yes, you will have your fellow Kindlers here to keep you and the cats company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Khabita said:
It's usually the other way around for me and my hubby -- I am the one who is gone, and he's home with the pets. I spent 3 months working in Germany a few years ago, and I don't know if my hubby missed me, but my dog and cats did!

What part of Germany will Chris be in? It's a terrific country! He will enjoy it. And this is your opportunity to see it, too.

And, yes, you will have your fellow Kindlers here to keep you and the cats company.
I'm sure your hubby missed you!

Chris will actually be in Paris this coming week, then Molsheim France the following week. Then he heads to Dresden the week I am coming over and to Vienna when I leave, then back to Molsheim for his final week. Somewhere in there, he is spending a weekend in Munich as well. (I think between Paris and Molsheim but not sure) He has a busy schedule! He is a Field Service Engineer for the same company I work for and we were shorthanded in Europe so off he goes.

I was born in Germany as my father was in the military so I have been all over West Germany but this will be my first trip to East Germany. I've been researching the places I want to sight see while he is at work - museums, castles, the Christmas market :) I'm looking forward to it but will miss not spending Thanksgiving with my parents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Kristen, I know the mixed feelings... Larry travels a lot, not to mention the fact that we live in different cities during the week right now... At first I had a very hard time sleeping without his snore, but after a year of him only home on weekends, sometimes I have to use ear plugs!!  :)

As for the dog... Harley always seems to know when it is Friday. He spends most of the afternoon either looking out my office window (which faces the street) or at the gameroom window overlooking the driveway! Then on Monday, he is all droopy and sad looking!

At least we all have each other here! You guys have no idea how much better I have felt this week reading, learning, sharing and laughing with you all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
It has been a great couple of weeks, so happy to have found you all!  I hardly ever get on my computer on the weekends, but that might change.  This past weekend I didn't get on, and I didn't work much monday trying to catch up ;D !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
We'll entertain you. Just focus on your trip and when you get there have a beer for me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks you guys!  Really - reading and posting - and laughing - has helped tremendously tonight.  :)

however - I've been tracking his flight online and they can't find it now. 

Progress 1 hour 44 minutes left
4 hours 55 minutes in flight


Status En Route (No recent position)
  Scheduled Actual/Estimated
Departure 05:39PM EST 05:41PM EST
Arrival 06:15AM CET 06:21AM CET
Speed 478 kts 542 kts
Altitude 35000 feet 37000 feet

At least part of this flight occurs outside of FlightAware's service area. Information on this page may be unreliable. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Kirstin said:
Thanks you guys! Really - reading and posting - and laughing - has helped tremendously tonight. :)

however - I've been tracking his flight online and they can't find it now.

Progress 1 hour 44 minutes left
4 hours 55 minutes in flight

Status En Route (No recent position)
Scheduled Actual/Estimated
Departure 05:39PM EST 05:41PM EST
Arrival 06:15AM CET 06:21AM CET
Speed 478 kts 542 kts
Altitude 35000 feet 37000 feet

At least part of this flight occurs outside of FlightAware's service area. Information on this page may be unreliable.
I've had blank spots in flight tracking before...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
chynared21 said:
I've had blank spots in flight tracking before...
I know. I just get anxious until he calls and says he is on the ground. He doesn't land until almost 1 AM though. But he will call, he is a good bubbie that way.
 
1 - 20 of 137 Posts
Top