Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Kindle book just now!  (Leslie's Kindle F.A.Q.)

My Kindle isn't due until early March, but the Kindle order went through so quickly and easily!  Oh my, this is addicting.  I didn't know I'd have a separate Digital Order section where I can see all the books. 

Okay, I can settle down now......I think?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I clicked on "Get Kindle Books" on the KindleBoards menu to specifically select Leslie's Kindle F.A.Q.  Then I chose from books priced low to high.  That's when I found a few other books with great reviews currently offered at no cost. 

What's the best way to find free books?  Just check back under priced low-high every so often? 

G

·
If you really want to go nuts, find manybooks or feedbooks and find all of the classics you like and save them on your hard drive. 

Once your Kindle arrives, you can move then onto your Kindle via the USB cable in no time flat.

There are 1000's of free books on line.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm up to about 50 or so free titles I've downloaded.  I also have 4 or 5 free titles queued up from Amazon, plus Leslie's FAQ, and one book I bought.  This doesn't count the countless number of free samples I've queued up as well.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Leslie -- I appreciate your support! BTW, when Amazon verified my purchase, it said I could "access" the book on my Kindle (don't have yet) or through the Media Library and gave me a link. That link brought me to my order page. Does that mean I can read your FAQ before it arrives on my Kindle by downloading it to my computer? I'm confused.

Vampyre and Jmeaders, thanks for the tips!

I thought I had to wait until I got my Kindle for Feedbooks, etc. Didn't even know about Manybooks. Can't wait to get started.

Where do I find the free sample chapters if I don't have a Kindle yet? (I hate asking naive questions like that, but I want to load up my baby!)

Thanks again, everyone. I hope I can repay all these favors one day!

·
Registered
657 Posts
My first book was:

That is my favorite book. I now have a 1st edition HB, a 1st ed PB , a few other versions including of course the unabridged version and now a kindle version.

Eventually I hope to have my 1st ed HB signed by King. He was in town last year while they filmed The Mist and sadly I never got to find him :'(

My second book was Leslie's FAQ :D

G

·
I am pretty sure, as in 99.8% positive you can not use your computer to read Kindle books because they are protected. Only a Kindle can read them.

Manybooks and Facebooks can be read on your computer if you download a program called Mobireader.(I think that's right) They are public domain books and are not protected.

Now that you have access to the Manage your Kindle on Amazon, you can read the PDF version of the manual that comes with the Kindle.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vampyre said:
I am pretty sure, as in 99.8% positive you can not use your computer to read Kindle books because they are protected. Only a Kindle can read them.

Manybooks and Facebooks can be read on your computer if you download a program called Mobireader.(I think that's right) They are public domain books and are not protected.

Now that you have access to the Manage your Kindle on Amazon, you can read the PDF version of the manual that comes with the Kindle.
Manage Your Kindle! Didn't know I had access. Guess that will keep me busy for a while. Thanks so much :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
libro said:
Leslie -- I appreciate your support! BTW, when Amazon verified my purchase, it said I could "access" the book on my Kindle (don't have yet) or through the Media Library and gave me a link. That link brought me to my order page. Does that mean I can read your FAQ before it arrives on my Kindle by downloading it to my computer? I'm confused.
No, you can only read it on your Kindle.

Where do I find the free sample chapters if I don't have a Kindle yet? (I hate asking naive questions like that, but I want to load up my baby!)
You can order a sample chapter and it will wait in the queue to be downloaded the first time you turn Whispernet on. You can't read it in advance but you can order it in advance and it will be waiting for you.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Vampyre said:

I think you could get to the Kindle documentation even without buying a Kindle. You can read the PDFs on your computer. You'll need your Kindle for the .azw file

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470&#docs

L

G

·
libro said:
Manage Your Kindle! Didn't know I had access. Guess that will keep me busy for a while. Thanks so much :)
I may be wrong, I thought you said you had access to that. If you do, go for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts