Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I canceled my DX order and decided to keep using my K1, I went ahead and ordered the Oberon dragonfly pond in fern for my K1. I don't have a cover at all because I lost the Amazon one it came with. It's in the house somewhere but I haven't seen it in months. I have the decal girl Whimsical skin on it right now, but really liked the pond cover http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,15858.htm so what if they don't totally match.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Eh... who needs to match?  Mine matched purely by accident.  I mean, when you're reading you aren't looking at the cover and vice versa.  I'm sure you'll love it, though!  I was excited about mine coming and was still pretty amazed when I finally got it.  Pictures online just don't do them justice.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations.  You really will enjoy the quality and protection they give. 
deb

·
Registered
90 Posts
Scheherazade said:
Eh... who needs to match? Mine matched purely by accident. I mean, when you're reading you aren't looking at the cover and vice versa. I'm sure you'll love it, though! I was excited about mine coming and was still pretty amazed when I finally got it. Pictures online just don't do them justice.
Mine doesn't match either as I have the Nadir skin from DecalGirl and the Green World Tree from Oberon but who cares, I got what I liked to look at and it works for me.

I just got my Oberon cover yesterday and I agree that the photos don't do the covers justice. Mine is gorgeous and it smells so good (Very leathery). I now know that I prefer to read the Kindle with the cover on as it gives me a better grip on the Kindle and doesn't seem as tiring to hold it even though it makes it heavier overall. The pockets make a good handle for the Oberon and the clip on light works better on the cover than on the Kindle itself.

The Oberons aren't cheap but you rarely see quality like that anymore and I expect it to outlast my Kindle and hopefully be something I can pass on to my kids when they get to Kindle age. I think its money well spent plus it supports American craftsman which is always a good cause. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jeansaint said:
The Oberons aren't cheap but you rarely see quality like that anymore and I expect it to outlast my Kindle and hopefully be something I can pass on to my kids when they get to Kindle age.
Totally agree. The quality of Oberon Design's covers is nothing short of excellent, and you rarely - almost never - see products made so well these days. They're not cheap but they are SO worth their price. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
well congrats!

i keep seeing such great post about the covers, but still have not bought on yet!

but i think you may have inspired me to do so!
so thanks! lol!

·
Registered
284 Posts
reemixx said:
Totally agree. The quality of Oberon Design's covers is nothing short of excellent, and you rarely - almost never - see products made so well these days. They're not cheap but they are SO worth their price. :D
I agree, wholeheartedly. I included the Cole Haan cover in the original order for the K2. It's the worst K2 purchase yet. The Oberon is the best, by far.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reemixx said:
From your posts, you sounded pretty confident about the DX. Why'd you cancel?
I fell back in love with my K1. I had lent it to my hubby but after I few days I took it back and started using it again.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
jazzi said:
I agree, wholeheartedly. I included the Cole Haan cover in the original order for the K2. It's the worst K2 purchase yet. The Oberon is the best, by far.
Uh oh, were you enabled, Jazzi?!?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts