Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an awful way to start the day! I was on the way to work and realized I left Kindra on the coffee table charging. This is the first time I have left her by herself. What am I going to do at lunch? What an awful day! :'(

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Bummer, I hate when I do that. I can't believe you didn't turn around to go back and get her!!  Well you can join us at kindleboards and shop for more books.  ;D ;D

Hope you have a good day anyway,,,, hey invite a coworker out for lunch and make their day!!

theresam

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh, how terrible.  Luckily I haven't done that yet, but I did leave Lil' Ann at home once when we were headed to my son's soccer game.  We were running late and my husband refused to turn back to get her. ("What? You won't go back?  I thought you loved me!?!")  :)  Somehow I was able to make it through half time without her, but it was tough.

Good luck with your day.  And look at the bright side - after a whole day away, she'll be ready to snuggle up and spend some extra time with you tonight!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I know how you feel to realize you will be losing wonderful reading time. I got to the school last Friday afternoon to pick up the niece and was parked safely in the pick-up lane ready to read when KWINN wouldn't wake up! I pulled out my trusty paperclip and did a reset, only to have the message appear that the battery was too low and the Kindle would shut down now...  This is the first time for this to happen and after sitting there for over 30 minutes with nothing to read, it won't happen again...

To make matters worse... I have an iGo charger for the Kindle, for the car, and didn't have it with me!!  ::)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've left Ramona home ONCE and I turned around and went back home for her.  So what if I was late I can't live without my Kindle. although FYI I've left my cell phone at home a couple of times and not went back for it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
tlshaw *Padded Cell 511* said:
What an awful way to start the day! I was on the way to work and realized I left Kindra on the coffee table charging. This is the first time I have left her by herself. What am I going to do at lunch? What an awful day! :'(
Absolutely must be something in the air, because I left Bemis on the bench in the foyer. I was so distressed that I had to come home from work at noon, at which time my negligence was noted. "I couldn't believe it. You just left him on the hall bench. Isn't that Kindle abuse or something?"

·
Registered
723 Posts
tlshaw *Padded Cell 511* said:
Another reason I am glad to also have an i-touch.
I call it back-up!
Eric (aka ELDogStar)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Still a trainer of dogs... said:
Another reason I am glad to also have an i-touch.
I call it back-up!
Eric (aka ELDogStar)
Hmm, not a bad reason for buying an iTouch. I might have to think about that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was talking about this with my DH the other night. I told him that I bring Ginger with me to work every day but rarely have the opportunity to read during the day right now. I did leave it at home once and spent half of the day in panic trying to find it. So I still bring it with me because I know it will drive me crazy otherwise or, of course that is the day I would be stuck someplace with an opportunity to read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts