Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over 100 posts and I still hadn't properly introduced myself. My name is Maggie, I use the name Chobitz because its my favorite anime and Maggie is almost always taken.

I am 40, been married for 10 yrs, no children but a 1 year old furbaby named Shadow. I love horror and dark fantasy books best but I'll read almost anything.

I am an army brat so I lived in about 10 states before the age of 4. I was born in Alaska and ended up mainly growing up in Philly. I met my husband online, we got married and moved to his home state Louisiana.

I live in Shreveport and nope there are NO vampires here. Believe me if I could find Eric I would  :-[ But its funny to read the Stackhouse novels and know where most of the events take place at.  8)

Oh and I am a voracious reader! I started reading at 2 and haven't stopped since!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome Maggie!!  ;D

Sorry to hear there are no Vamps in Shreveport, I was hoping that when we get together for a day of shopping, gabbing and Kindling, you could introduce me to a couple!!  ;D

Are you guys still under heavy fog? Can you believe the temp changes we've been through over the past 2 weeks?? :eek:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Angela said:
Welcome Maggie!! ;D

Sorry to hear there are no Vamps in Shreveport, I was hoping that when we get together for a day of shopping, gabbing and Kindling, you could introduce me to a couple!! ;D

Are you guys still under heavy fog? Can you believe the temp changes we've been through over the past 2 weeks?? :eek:
Yeah the fog is so bad I'm thinking Shreveport turned to London. I keep waiting for Sherlock Holmes to walk out of it!My parents came down for their christmas visit and it was warmer in Philly then in Shreveport!! Even though I had a nice coat on they decided to get me a pea coat LOL so I think the cold worked in my favor at least.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
chobitz said:
Yeah the fog is so bad I'm thinking Shreveport turned to London. I keep waiting for Sherlock Holmes to walk out of it!My parents came down for their christmas visit and it was warmer in Philly then in Shreveport!! Even though I had a nice coat on they decided to get me a pea coat LOL so I think the cold worked in my favor at least.
LOL
I still haven't bought a real winter coat (would love to have a pea coat, haven't had one in 30 years). All I have is sweaters, a couple of wind breakers, a jean jacket and a light-weight leather jacket. That was all I needed in Houston. I am trying to hold out and not buy one, but I may need to since we are going to Midland next week for Christmas and they are always colder than here.

It is no longer foggy here, but there is a fine mist in the air which is making everything very wet. Thank goodness the freezing temps are gone.... for the moment! ;)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Maggie--

Thanks for your introduction!  Always glad to know a little more about our members!

And Marci! Congrats on reaching 400 posts!

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
HMMMM maybe the vampires are in part responsible for the fog so they can move from NO??  Too many hurricanes for them there?

At any rate welcome Maggie even if you are a bit tardy introducing yourself, you did it that's what counts!
Anju

Sorry folks, no fog, no ice, no snow, only blue skies and wonderful weather here in Mexico!  Does make it difficult to curl up and read.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Anju,

"Sorry folks, no fog, no ice, no snow, only blue skies and wonderful weather here in Mexico! Does make it difficult to curl up and read."

Never occurred to me that this might be one of the drawbacks to living in a "sunshine" country!

LOL,

Marci

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Anju said:
Sorry folks, no fog, no ice, no snow, only blue skies and wonderful weather here in Mexico! Does make it difficult to curl up and read.
Ohhhh, you're so cruel!! I'm from Arizona (Phoenix area) and living in MD - it's NINETEEN DEGREES here this morning! Arrrghhh!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hiya Maggie!!  Welcome!  I've been off boards the past couple weeks so I think I missed your first 100 posts so this was my intro to you!  :) 

We have a little in common - I was an Air Force brat and grew up moving every few years and we are pretty much the same age.  :)  Nice to "meet" you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts