Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so indecisive....I have been eyeing the dragonfly pond oberon cover for a little while now. I am not sure if I should take the plunge and get it. If I get it, I will also need a new borsa bella bag to match. Right now my kindle (1) stays in my naked borsa bella sleeve (retro).  I am going to be traveling some this summer and I would HATE to have anything happen to it.  I don't like my amazon cover b/c the clip thing on the inside is making a mark on the kindle, which is why my kindle travels in the naked sleeve! I have read everyone's reviews about how much they love their cover. I should just do it, right??

Which borsa bella bag do you think matches well? I was looking at the original Lord of the Green and Astrid Kindle cover. Or the fun black and white bag with the top zip......hmm, or should I get the kindle travel bag. Oh Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Oberon's 2009 additions to their product line are supposed to be coming in the very near future.  If it were me, I'd probably wait just a little longer before buying! 

As for the BorsaBellas, fabric is a matter of personal preference & style is really dependent on how you want to use it.  Which is how most of us ended up with multiples. LOL  I have the original side zip, a travel bag, and the naked Kindle sleeve in a top zip.  I find my travel bag gets the most use currently, but since I often throw it in a purse that won't hold the K2 horizontally, I'm thinking about adding a top zip original to my current collection. And another travel bag in a custom fabric.....

Are you sure you want to get started with all this??????  ;D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I seriously doubt you'll regret it at all. The Oberon covers are strong, durable and more beautiful in person. You should just do it!

I haven't looked at BB's fabrics lately, but I do recommend the Travel Bag. If you're going to be traveling, it would be perfect as your carry-on. The pocket in the front will fit your airline ticket and wallet/ID, and that's all you'll really need!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
There's also a K2 Dragonfly Pond with corners in the Buy/Sell/Trade section that was just posted. If that helps your decision any! :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I second the Oberon decision!  I have the Dragon Fly Pond in green and I LOOOVE it!!  I kinda agree that you should find out when the new covers are coming out cause you may want to wait until then to be sure you get what you want.

And I second the travel bag idea.  When travelling, it would be super!  I have one and I adore it!

Just sayin'.... :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I have narrowed down my choices (hmm, I wish I could figure out how to post the pictures)

Borsa Bella travel bag in I heart my spirograph kindle bag http://www.borsabella.com/browse-the-borsa-bella-store/details/212/15/kindle-travel-bag/i-heart-my-spirograph-kindle-travel-bag

And the oberon cover in either Dragonfly pond http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=932 or Creekbed maple kindle cover http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=933 (both with the matching charms)

p.s. Becca just emailed me back and said that the only new kindle covers coming out this year (in August) will be gingko and hummingbird.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Victoria

nothing new is coming out as of yet.. they are discussing Ginko and may add another but no new line , so to speak.. in fact they are still handling new orders and I just got an Email that they will be doing a DX line as well.  So they may stay busy for a while.

You will love the work, pictures do not do it justice.. if you hate it I can promise you that you can resell it in a heartbeat.. but you won't

also I love these covers because they seem to take bumps better the most, they really are one of a kind worls of art .. AND they are made RIGHT here in the US by a very small family owned company. (I admit I love that aspect).. also Borsa Bella is fantastic I have a few of Melissas bags.. I couldn't find what I wanted for mine so I emailed her and she sent me a sample email of fabrics , so she can custom make something, does not charge extra to do it and usually has it out within a day or two..

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Thanks, Patrizia--would have sworn I saw someone had an email exchange with Oberon that stated the new covers would be out this month, but there must have been a mistake. I'll have to go back & see what I missed in that conversation.

From a protection standpoint, I wouldn't be without my Oberon. My K2 took a nasty spill on Monday onto a concrete slab floor--no injuries to either the Kindle or the cover! And absolutely agreed that if you don't like it for some reason, you'll have zero issue reselling it here.

One note on the custom BorsaBella bags--there is a nominal surcharge now to have custom work done, because it does take more time. http://www.borsabella.com/faq-about-custom-orders Well worth it!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for helping me in this decision! I had no idea that I would have such a hard time with this. All the covers and bags are beautiful. But in the end I have decided....drum roll please......on the BB travel kindle bag in I heart my spirograph and the oberon cover in Creekbed Maple with the matching maple leaf charm.....for some reason the maple leaves were calling to me. (even though I still love the dragonfly pond....maybe i need 2 cases...ha ha) Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
314 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Thanks, Patrizia--would have sworn I saw someone had an email exchange with Oberon that stated the new covers would be out this month, but there must have been a mistake. I'll have to go back & see what I missed in that conversation.
Hey, Victoria! :) I remembered reading the same thing, and I found the relevant post here. A member remarks that they emailed Oberon and that Oberon said the "2009 covers will be out in about a month." This was at the end of April.

I don't know if there's some sort of miscommunication going on or what, but I wanted to let you know that you're not crazy--or, if you are, then you're in good company. ;D

·
Registered
704 Posts
I hope they come out with that new blue color. That is what I am waiting for.
I did order the large journal in the Maple Creek pattern. It will become a real journal since my next one will be a Kindle 2 cover. I do like the hummingbirds.
Kdawna

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
jesspark said:
Hey, Victoria! :) I remembered reading the same thing, and I found the relevant post here. A member remarks that they emailed Oberon and that Oberon said the "2009 covers will be out in about a month." This was at the end of April.

I don't know if there's some sort of miscommunication going on or what, but I wanted to let you know that you're not crazy--or, if you are, then you're in good company. ;D
Thanks, hon! I went hunting for it, couldn't find it, and thought I really had finally lost my mind! LOL

I'm sure there's a miscommunication somewhere; I was hoping this was true but if they've told Patrizia otherwise, I'm going to assume we've still got a bit of a wait. Darn! I know my daffodils won't be there, but I've been looking forward to seeing what was coming.

And kdawna--any lighter shade of blue is going to be gorgeous! It will show all the details beautifully, I think sometimes they get a bit lost in the darker shades.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.