Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K1.  I don't want a K2.  But I think it would be really cool for my mom to have a Kindle, so we could share books.

If I could, I would just give her my K1.  But, financially, that isn't feasible right now.  So I offered to sell it to her at a greatly discounted price, just to help with the cost of the K2.  She took a few days to think about it, but finally decided that she could not afford to buy my K1 right now.

Here's the thing.  I pre-ordered the K2, just in case.  I ordered my K1 last January, and it took 6 agonizing weeks to arrive.  I need to go in and cancel my K2 order before it ships.  But I just. can't. bring. myself. to. do. it.

It just hit me...  It's not because I want the K2.  It's because I remember the awful wait for the K1.  If I cancel my order now, I fear I may decide to buy a K2 in the future, after it's sold out, and will have to go through that agonizing wait again.

Silly.  Irrational.  I just need to cancel the darn order...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Go on.  Cancel the order.  You're among friends here.  We understand.

Remember, if you put yourself in the poorhouse over a K2 that you don't want/need, you won't be able to afford books.  That would be a crying shame.

Go cancel it.  Then come back here, and we'll try to talk you into joining a book klub with your k1.  It'll be fun.  Promise.  We'll ask Bacardi Jim to write you a song about why margaritas aren't blue.  it'll be like a party, but without the possibility of having to clean beer stains off the ceiling.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
You still have some time before the K2 will ship.  Why not give yourself a few days to try and sell the K1?  Set a deadline and if it hasn't sold, cancel the K2.
As Robin said, everyone will understand.  It would be lousy to have a cool new toy and not be able to get any new stuff for it cuz you're broke.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Go push that button to cancel your order. If you don't really want it and don't have the money for it, there's no reason not to. You'll have more money for books! Remember if you decide to order it later, you'll have the K1 to use while you're waiting (if there's a wait) and it won't be nearly as horrible as last time (I ordered Feb 21 and received Mar 21..so I remember that horrid wait)

G

·
And we're the "irrational" gender. ::)

Buck up and do what's right. You made a poor decision. Don't compound it by continuing to be a less-than-wise-person out of fear/stubbornness while you still have the chance to correct it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I only said the irrational ones were the ones who thought I didn't get the concept of buyer's remorse.  Generally speaking, I try to reserve rational/irrational judgements to a case-by-case basis.  lol, if I didn't, 100% of the people I know would fall into the irrational category, and I would spend all of my time talking to my imaginary fri----

Does anyone else hear the phone ringing?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You wouldn't want to go into debt for the purchase.  It would just take away the joy each time you received the bill from your credtit card.

The kindle shouldn't cause that much pain,  just enjoyment when you spend time reading books you might not have been able to read otherwise.

IMHO

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, guys!

I never planned to actually order the K2 if I wasn't giving away the K1.  I LIKE the K1 and am not sure I would like the K2 any better.

I just had a "moment" when I went in to cancel the order.  With your help, the "moment" is past.

I'm going to go cancel now!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
meljackson said:
Now you can go treat yourself to a brand new book (or a few), guilt free!

Melissa
Funny, that. I had a coinstar gift certificate that was being used up by the K2-in-limbo. Now that the order is cancelled, I can access the coinstar money for books!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Great!  Now you can go get Living Dead in Dallas for your k1 and join us in the book klub next week!

/shamelessplug

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.