Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help someone!! I haven't been able to get to Feedbooks for over a week now... Everytime I try, I get "The website cannot display the page"

Is anyone else having this problem?? Also, everytime a link is posted all I see is a little white box with a red X in the middle!! :'(

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Angela said:
Help someone!! I haven't been able to get to Feedbooks for over a week now... Everytime I try, I get "The website cannot display the page"

Is anyone else having this problem?? Also, everytime a link is posted all I see is a little white box with a red X in the middle!! :'(
From your computer? I'm not having a problem....

What browser are you using? It sounds like the pictures are not loading.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pidgeon92 said:
From your computer? I'm not having a problem....

What browser are you using? It sounds like the pictures are not loading.
I am using IE as always... Not having trouble with any other websites, just that one.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Angela said:
I am using IE as always... Not having trouble with any other websites, just that one.
I'll look at Feedbooks with IE as well. When you say a red X is on the links, what site are you talking about? Feedbooks? Kindleboards?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pidgeon92 said:
I'll look at Feedbooks with IE as well. When you say a red X is on the links, what site are you talking about? Feedbooks? Kindleboards?
the red X shows up on Kindleboards when someone posts a link to a book on Feedbooks.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sorry Betsy, for cluttering the Free Books thread again...

Angela, it sounds like you might need to clear your cache to me. I use firefox but I googled the instructions.

Click Here. Try it out and restart your browser, then tell me if it's fixed.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Mikuto said:
Sorry Betsy, for cluttering the Free Books thread again...

Angela, it sounds like you might need to clear your cache to me. I use firefox but I googled the instructions.

Click Here. Try it out and restart your browser, then tell me if it's fixed.
Not a problem, once we get Angela fixed up, we can delete the posts!

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Not a problem, once we get Angela fixed up, we can delete the posts!

Betsy
I think you should split the topic instead, this is bound to happen to other people.

Angela: have you re-booted your entire system since you started having problems? I agree that you should empty your IE cache as well, you should do that regularly.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pidgeon92 said:
I think you should split the topic instead, this is bound to happen to other people.

Angela: have you re-booted your entire system since you started having problems? I agree that you should empty your IE cache as well, you should do that regularly.
I had already tried clearing the cache and I have just rebooted. I even went and tried to get to it on my PC (I have been using the laptop the past couple of days) and I cannot access Feedbooks.com from either computer. My only guess is that it may have something to do with our firewall and security that the hubby has set up on our network. Is Feedbooks something I could access from the Kindle?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Angela said:
I had already tried clearing the cache and I have just rebooted. I even went and tried to get to it on my PC (I have been using the laptop the past couple of days) and I cannot access Feedbooks.com from either computer. My only guess is that it may have something to do with our firewall and security that the hubby has set up on our network. Is Feedbooks something I could access from the Kindle?
It does sound like a security issue. There's a place in IE where you can specifiy approved sites; that may not override your security settings. You could check with hubby?

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I should give that a try then... at least until Larry is back in town and we can research the trouble. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Angela said:
Maybe I should give that a try then... at least until Larry is back in town and we can research the trouble. Thanks!
Might I also suggest trying another browser? It might bypass whatever is causing your problem.... I'm a big fan of Firefox, and Google Chrome is working well for me also.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My sil installed Firefox over the Thanksgiving holidays because he doesn't like IE. I was getting ready to remove it, but I will give it a try first.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, firefox was a bust, too! Same server message as IE...

500 Internal Server Error

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Angela said:
Firefox is a better choice for a browser; built ground-up more recently, it is generally considered to be more secure than IE, so if you try it and like it, you might want to use it full time.

You can also try adding www.feedbooks.com to a list of approved sites in IE.

In IE7, which I have installed, you do this:

Select...
Tools from the top menu
Internet Options from the drop down menu
the Content tab

click the Enable... button
select the Approved sites tab
type "www.feedbooks.com" without quote marks in the "Allow this website" box

Click on Always to the right
click on OK at the bottom

If a box pops up asking for a password, click CANCEL.

On the last box, click OK.

Try getting to feedbooks.com again.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Enter this website on your Kindle: http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide

It will download the latest catalog to you Kindle (may take a minute or so, and it doesn't always work the first time). Then open the Kindle Guide on the Kindle, you will be able to choose books and download them from there.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Betsy the Quilter said:
Firefox is a better choice for a browser; built ground-up more recently, it is generally considered to be more secure than IE, so if you try it and like it, you might want to use it full time.

You can also try adding www.feedbooks.com to a list of approved sites in IE.

In IE7, which I have installed, you do this:

Select...
Tools from the top menu
Internet Options from the drop down menu
the Content tab

click the Enable... button
select the Approved sites tab
type "www.feedbooks.com" without quote marks in the "Allow this website" box

Click on Always to the right
click on OK at the bottom

If a box pops up asking for a password, click CANCEL.

On the last box, click OK.

Try getting to feedbooks.com again.
Nope, Betsy... this didn't work either. Also didn't work with firefox.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pidgeon92 said:
Enter this website on your Kindle: http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide

It will download the latest catalog to you Kindle (may take a minute or so, and it doesn't always work the first time). Then open the Kindle Guide on the Kindle, you will be able to choose books and download them from there.
What do I do if it doesn't work the first time? It has been sitting at 79% for nearly 5 minutes now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts