Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was probably really bad timing of me to join Kindleboards the day before the egg hunt started. I started searching without knowing anything about KB or the insanity people here. Found lots of threads that I wanted to go back and read later, without the eggs involved. I've learned a lot. But darned if I can find out how this whole Hibbing business started. Not to mention Hugh. It's just not fair of you oldtimers to keep the joke for yourselves. Where oh where is the thread that started it all?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Susan--

As near as possible, the Hugh Jackman thing probably started in this thread:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,730.0.html about the movie Australia. Though does one really need an excuse to look at a picture of Hugh Jackman? After this, pictures of Hugh started cropping up everywhere.

As for Hibbing, my late sainted mother was from Hibbing, Minnesota. I am contractually obligated to follow her proud tradition of working Hibbing into as many conversations as possible. And I do. ::) (She was really, really, good at this.)

Thus the KindleBoards axiom: If Hugh Jackman is not the answer to the question, Hibbing is.

Hope this helps.

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhhhh...  I see....  

...  except that I don't watch a lot of movies, and so I wouldn't recognize Hugh if I tripped over him.

But I've been to Hibbing!

Thank you for explaining.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Man, that avatar is cracking me up, Susan.

That is all.

Oh, except for you shouldn't talk about having been to Hibbing, because you're apt to make people jealous. Almost as jealous as if you'd been to Hugh Jackson, which you probably haven't been since you...have you recently tripped over an Aussie dude who never mentioned his name?

Man! That avatar is adorable!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
And every time Hugh or Hibbing gets mentioned, that gives me an excuse to post a picture from my bottomless photobucket collection.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Y'know....Hugh just doesn't look like Hugh with short hair.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Ahhhhh... I see....

... except that I don't watch a lot of movies, and so I wouldn't recognize Hugh if I tripped over him.

But I've been to Hibbing!

Thank you for explaining.
Seriously? Did you go the Greyhound Bus Museum?

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
FINALLY!!! Answers!!! We need a sticky at the top of the "Welcome to Kindle boards" section that explain all this because even I was clueless! ;D
Nah, it's a rite of passage. We know that you've really spent some time here at KBoards when you ask.

::)

Betsy

(I should point out, if it isn't clear already, that I may be responsible for the Hibbing references but Leslie is responsible for all Hugh sightings.)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
(I should point out, if it isn't clear already, that I may be responsible for the Hibbing references but Leslie is responsible for all Hugh sightings.)
Oh no, not true! You gave me this picture, remember?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:
Oh no, not true! You gave me this picture, remember?

You're right, and others have contributed too. There was a thread where people were trying to post Hugh pictures you had never seen before. I should have said "all most Hugh sightings."

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Need a photo from Hibbing:

Mom was very proud of her high school, pictured above. There's a pool and a pipe organ. People take tours of the school.

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MichelleR said:
Man, that avatar is cracking me up, Susan.

That is all.

Oh, except for you shouldn't talk about having been to Hibbing, because you're apt to make people jealous. Almost as jealous as if you'd been to Hugh Jackson, which you probably haven't been since you...have you recently tripped over an Aussie dude who never mentioned his name?

Man! That avatar is adorable!
Why thank you. That's my cat Pixie.

No Hugh sightings (that I know of).

And I was only in Hibbing once, for an evening visit, so it's not like I've actually seen anything of the town.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Leslie said:
And every time Hugh or Hibbing gets mentioned, that gives me an excuse to post a picture from my bottomless photobucket collection.
<groan> oh no... what have I done.... sorry, Harvey!

(BTW... did Harvey finally pull the plug on girls' night out, or did you just run out of steam? although.... I did note a reference to a second Hugh thread, but by that time I was too tired to search for it.)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
That's a real cat? and it's yours?  I thought you had gotten it from "Cats Gone Wild" or something.  We wanna see the big picture!  Please post it!

OK, why would you go to Hibbing for an evening visit?  Were you visiting someone?

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Seriously? Did you go the Greyhound Bus Museum?

Betsy
Seriously. But I didn't see anything of the town. This was in the early days of dating DD's dad, who is from MN, and whenever we were up there to visit his family he would take me around to different towns to visit extended family and friends, a few each time, for little just-to-meet visits of an hour or two. Nice people, all of them (ok... almost all), but I hardly even remember all the names because the visits were short and the families were large. Anyway, one of them was in Hibbing. :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Nah, it's a rite of passage. We know that you've really spent some time here at KBoards when you ask.
SOME time?? What with those eggs and all, I feel like I live here.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Susan in VA said:
SOME time?? What with those eggs and all, I feel like I live here.
Now, THAT'S what we're talking about! Join the club!

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
That's a real cat? and it's yours? I thought you had gotten it from "Cats Gone Wild" or something. We wanna see the big picture! Please post it!

OK, why would you go to Hibbing for an evening visit? Were you visiting someone?

Betsy
ROFL! That is indeed a real cat. No photoshopping or anything involved. I'll find the big picture but I've never posted one of my own here so you'll have to wait until I'm awake enough to figure out how.

"Cats Gone Wild" -- love it -- yes, she does have, um, attitude. In a good way.

For Hibbing, see above....

1 - 20 of 83 Posts