Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wasn't going to get an Amazon cover at all, I was just going to wait for my Oberon cover. But my Kindle 2 is nekkid.  :-\ I think Dexter is very handsome nekkid, but I'm constantly worried that I might drop him and to top it off, I will be going out of town three days after the Oberons are SUPPOSED to ship. I can' take my Kindle on a trip nekkid!  :eek: What if I accidentally drop him? Or what if he gets knocked around through airport security?  :eek: So I ordered the cover because I can't stand the thought of anything happening to him.  :-[

PS: Anyone traveled with their Kindle? DO you have to take it out at the airport like a laptop?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Never had to take it out either. Had it off, inside M+edge cover and inside Waterfield Travel Bag. Put that inside one of the bins not just on the belt.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I usually have my Kindle out because I am reading it as I stand in the security line. I just put it in the bin with my shoes and iphone.

L

·
Registered
294 Posts
I keep mine in my carry-on, it is well protected there... She's been on the plane with me 8 times so far, only once did they want to look at it. The security guy said "What is this?" and the security chick answered him, "It's an eReader.", and put it back in my bag.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I made a temporary case out of a gallon-sized freezer ziplock bag and 3 pieces of scotch tape. I have to take it out to charge it of course, but it's been perfect. Barely adds any glare to the screen, can still use all the functions perfectly, and keeps it safe from water damage (lots of rain where I live right now) or food stains, since I love to read while I eat.

Put the kindle into the bag so that its bottom left corner is touching a bottom corner of the bag. Fold the bag in half and seal it (you can leave a little bit of air inside if you want some minor cushioning). Fold the part that's sticking out from the top of the kindle down to the back and tape it there. Then tape the ziplock part of the bag to the left side of the kindle to lock the whole bag in place. The kindle should basically be immovable in the bag.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Raiden: Very cool, thanks for sharing! Might try that out for beach reading if I go back home to CA this summer :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Actually, I'm anxiously awaiting my new Oberon cover so I have my K2 in my old M-edge cover.  Even though it doesn't fit very well, it offers some protection while I'm reading.  I put the Kindle in the two bottom corners.  The top left corner of the Kindle sits on top of the top left corner of the M-edge.  I take the elastic on the top right and pull it up over the top right corner of the Kindle (a bit of a stretch).  My Kindle kind of looks like a kid who's outgrown his clothes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts