Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to KDP support earlier today (my time) about my book being free on other outlets and asked them to please permafree it on Amazon as well.

Link to the support contact page: https://kdp.amazon.com/contact-us
I chose: What is the problem? / Pricing & Royalties / Other

I provided links as well.

Here is our exchange:

Nathalie said:
---- Original message: ----

Subject: Price change

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that my book NightmarZ: Parfait (ASIN: B00CJJP5NC) is free on other outlets, would it be possible to switch it to permafree on Amazon as well?

iTunes: [link]
Google Play: [link]
Kobo: [link]
Smashwords: [link]
Sony: [link]

Thanks!
Nathalie
KDP said:
Hello Nathalie,

Thanks for writing to us and keeping us posted about the price of your title in the other website. We really appreciate your cooperation.

I've made the necessary changes in our system and can confirm that your title "NightmarZ: Parfait" is currently being available for free in our Amazon.com Kindle Store.

I hope this helps! Thanks for using Amazon KDP.
I just checked my KDP reports, I got 2 free downloads so it works!

This was answered in less than 24 hours, it seems to me it's better than reporting!

Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Nathalie Aynié said:
I sent an email to KDP support earlier today (my time) about my book being free on other outlets and asked them to please permafree it on Amazon as well.

Link to the support contact page: https://kdp.amazon.com/contact-us
I chose: What is the problem? / Pricing & Royalties / Other

I provided links as well.

Here is our exchange:

I just checked my KDP reports, I got 2 free downloads so it works!

This was answered in less than 24 hours, it seems to me it's better than reporting!

Hope this helps. :D
You might want to check that report again. I think you just got another download.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmm... guess KDP support doesn't like me. I sent them a similar request and received what sounded like a "no." Waited 24 hours and price never changed.  :'(

Sent them another request today though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rin said:
Yeah...but I shop on the .com store, not the .com.au store.
I'm pretty sure you have some "you're living outside the US so we'll tax you" tax. :)
I see it at $1.21 from France. Yet I just got now the 3rd free download Cinisajoy told me about.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Really?! That's VERY frustrating because I sent an email to them yesterday saying basically what you said, and they told me "Yeah, sometimes we price match, and sometimes we don't. Good luck." That's not exactly what they said, obviously, but I'm away from my computer so I can't get an exact quote. I'll get it when I get home though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
In my experience, when you have it free on Apple, they price-match it within days, with no clicking on the "the price is lower somewhere else" thing. This was the case for two of my perma-free books (Gone and Over You). The other one, He Loves Me Not, was perma-free before I began distributing to Apple, so that didn't come into play.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Here's the email I got from Amazon:

Hi Logan,

I'm glad to hear that you are a happy publisher throughout all the time you have been with us, thank you for your continued interest on our services!!

And thank you for your information on pricing. From time to time, we may match free promotions on other sales channels, but we retain discretion over our retail prices.

While we do retain discretion over our retail prices, I've passed your feedback on for consideration since we may match free promotions on other sales channels from time to time.

Thanks for using Amazon KDP. I hope you enjoy your weekend!
Maybe I just got somebody in the middle of a bad day. At least they passed the info on though.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Good heavens! Surely they aren't going to get into the habit of doing these things, you know, the sensible way. What kind of precedent would that set? ;D

1 - 20 of 176 Posts