Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped replying to reviews a long time ago. I'll still chat with reviewers if our correspondence began in private in the first place, but this one... I couldn't help myself.

Review.

Sobering is the first word that comes to mind. Such a strange feeling to imagine someone choosing to spend time reading my book with a loved one. It brings me back to a few times in my own life, just like that. Okay. I have to stop now.

This is what it's about, people. Whew. Back to the Bat Cave.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just read the review. What a nice feedback to receive. It's amazing to see someone writing so sincerely about your work.

·
Administrator
10,117 Posts
BrianKittrell said:
I stopped replying to reviews a long time ago. I'll still chat with reviewers if our correspondence began in private in the first place, but this one... I couldn't help myself.

Review.

Sobering is the first word that comes to mind. Such a strange feeling to imagine someone choosing to spend time reading my book with a loved one. It brings me back to a few times in my own life, just like that. Okay. I have to stop now.

This is what it's about, people. Whew. Back to the Bat Cave.
That's a wonderful testament to your books, Brian, and you wrote a lovely response.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Your response was perfect, Brian.

I have a writer friend who received an email from a reader telling her how her book helped her through a very difficult (post-abuse) period in her life. She said the story made her smile again. My writer friend truly treasures that review.

·
Registered
638 Posts
That's a brilliant review and a very thoughtful response by you. Kudos.  :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got a little nervous when I saw the title of this thread, and I'm so glad it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. That is such a touching review, and I think it was perfectly reasonable for you to respond.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I completely understand.  What a great review and response.  :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I got something similar on Amazon UK but I held my tongue. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have. Good job Brian!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
What a wonderful review and I'm so glad you left a note for him. Being a part of that special needs community with my own children, I'm sure he will be happy to know your feelings.  :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
That actually made my eyes mist over for a moment.  :'(

In a good way.  :)

Awesome review and great response on your part. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just couldn't help myself .. when I saw your 'subject' I had to see what it was about :)

And then of course I had to check out the review, and your response.

It must feel very validating to get such wonderful feedback, and I think you handled you response very nicely. (I've heard one shouldn't reply to reviews so I knew where you were coming from, and also why you WANTED to respond.)

Good luck with your story, I hope it continues to touch people this way

·
Registered
261 Posts
It made me cry and smile at the same time. The review, that is. I'd have needed to reply too. Very meaningful. Well done!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
When someone's review moves you, in a positive way, the re-affirmation you send will let them know that their review touched you. Also, the review has been addressed to Mr.Kittrell, so that's like a personal note. I think there's a difference between responding to a review that describes the book for readers (what I call a review) and a note to the author regarding an emotional response to the book (what I consider 'feedback').
By the way, I post a note to my readers at the back of the book, urging them to review the book for other readers, and/or send me an email if they want to give feedback, so that it's understood that I usually do not respond to reviews, but I will respond to feedback emails.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts