Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited this morning that I couldn't sleep anymore. My dh brought me my laptop in bed so I wouldn't have to wait anymore (isn't he sweet?). I ordered my Kindle!!! And, being the supremely patient and frugal person that I am, I paid for Saturday shipping on both the Kindle and the Go cover. I will wait until Tuesday though for the light. Now I just have to get through today and some of tomorrow before I can start playing with "Bob". See? I'm also creative. :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats on taking the big step.  If you ever come down off the mountain into Chattanooga, I'd love to get a look at the DX up close and personal at lunch one day.

Paul

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tashab said:
Saturday? I thought UPS didn't deliver on Saturday?
Maybe they use FedEx for Saturday delivery? I don't know, but when I saw the "one-click" Saturday delivery for $6.99, I couldn't resist! Get it Saturday? or wait for Tuesday. Hmmmm.... gee..... CLICK!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrats MrTsMom!

UPS does Saturday delivery.  It's not like a normal weekday load, but yeah we deliver on Saturday.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Great news - just be sure and let us know that you DID get it!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
congrats. The kindle is an awesome piece of hardware ... all the way from K1 to the DX and the K3 coming out at the end of summer 2009.  ;)  ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats. I know how you feel. I just received my Kindle this Wednesday and luckily my husband is out of town so I can spend all my time "getting to know one another".

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Wow congrats and how nice of your husband to bring you the laptop for early morning ordering. (better than breakfast in bed!)  :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
koolmnbv said:
Wow congrats and how nice of your husband to bring you the laptop for early morning ordering. (better than breakfast in bed!) :)
Yeah, he's a keeper.

Now, to find ways to make the day pass faster. Both dogs need baths....

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
tashab said:
really?! crap. oh well. I ordered overnight on mine a couple months ago because I ordered on a Thursday and thought I saw no Saturday deliveries and didn't wanna wait until Monday. lol
I did not know you could get Saturday delivery either. I forget that Amazon does also use Fed ex. I think you do have to pay extra for Saturday delivery.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
IF you go to the DX page right now, it lists several delivery/cost options right on the product page, one of which is Saturday delivery.  Now, I have Amazon Prime:  maybe that makes a difference.

edt:  I take that back:  it said it last week toward the end of the week on the K2 page. . . I guess it comes and goes depending. . . .

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dollcrazy said:
Yeah! It's Saturday. Have you started pacing yet?
lol! I woke up at 6:30 (on a Saturday??) and the first thing I did was grab my iPhone and check the tracking. Yep! It's on its way. I've only downloaded 3 more books so far this morning.

I really, really need to get moving, though. If the Kindle gets here before the dogs get their baths, I'm pretty sure we're going to go on vacation with 2 big, stinky mutts!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts