Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone...
Santa Claus was, once again, very generous to our family. Not only did he give Harvey a Kindle, but he gave me a Kindle, too. As you might have guessed, I was skeptical (still not totally convinced) about it's value to me. However, the other night, we all went to see Marley and Me... It made me want a dog (which I've since talked myself out of) and it made me want to read the book (which I resisted just 'cause it was "popular.") Anyway, we downloaded Marley and Me to Harv's Kindle and I started reading it (still not sure I wanted to open the pkg. of my Kindle). And then! Harv took his daughter Celeste to meet her mom and he stayed overnight at his parents' house. He took the Kindle! With Marley and Me on it! So... I broke down and opened my Kindle and started reading and downloading. :D
Harv loves Kindleboards and the people on it. I love that y'all have been so supportive of him and of my sister, Laura.
Thank you all.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Success! My devious plan to convince KindleWidow that we need *two* Kindles in the household has worked.

I bet there are other two-Kindle (or more) households out there. And I'm sure they would tell you we're doing the right thing!

Love ya. Be home in two hours.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Harvey & Mrs. Harvey!

Congratulations on your two Kindles!  We have several multi-Kindle families so far!  Glad to hear you opened your Kindle, Mrs. H!

We're all pulling for Laura!  Go Fight Win!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I didn't realize Kindle no. 2 hadn't been opened yet. Go for it, Kindlewidow! Join us on the dark side...LOL.

L

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yea Kindlewidow!  How is a kindle like lays potato chips?

Once you down one you cant stop!

Now you can kindle together!

Theresam

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you can't beat us, you gotta join us!  ;D

I am happy that you opened your Kindle.  Now you can name it and dress it up and talk about it and, oh yeah, read on it too.

·
Registered
552 Posts
So perhaps now, you will no longer need the username of Kiindlewidow? ;)

Hi there and welcome to the world of Kindle nuts.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yep, count Mike (kreelanwarrior) and me among the multiple Kindle families. We got ours at the same time, too, and we wouldn't do it any differently. :)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
Yep, count Mike (kreelanwarrior) and me among the multiple Kindle families. We got ours at the same time, too, and we wouldn't do it any differently. :)
Ab-so-lutely! Heck, when our boys get older - if they ever really get into reading or their textbooks are made available in a Kindle format - I'd even be willing to spring for Kindles for them (even as much as an el-cheapo as I am - it's not my fault: I inherited it from my mother!)... ;D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Betsy the Quilter said:
And Mrs H--congrats on the Kindleboards link for Marley and Me!
Thanks for noticing that I linked it correctly!

I

·
0 Posts
Glad to see you gave in. i cant think of a better book to start your kindle Kareer with than "Marley and Me" I saw the movie Monday.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't believe you broke down and opened it!  So did you finish the book? You have now inspired me to download a book for y'all to link to.  I'll work on that this week. 

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw the movie the day after Chrsitmas -- which is what made me want to read the book...

Still reading it. I'm about halfway through. I'm liking it.
Now, I'm going to go post another link to another dog book that Harv and I really liked... Not sure if it's a kindle book, though.

Happy day to you all.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
WONDERFUL KindleWidow - nice to have you here and glad you are enjoying Marley and Me.  I read the dtb before kindle and loved it and I am totally impressed you linked it.  I got my avatar in but want to change it and have yet to figure it out  :)

Happy Reading.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, KindleWidow-No-More  ;D

Glad you like "Marley & Me".  As a fan of that book, I encourage you to go vote for it over in the Book Clubs.

I love dog books so I'm looking forward to seeing your recommendation,

Marci

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Wow Kindlewidow, I hadn't realized that your kindle was still in the box! WTG Harvey!! Great plan to get her into a book and then leave with the Kindle!!  :D

So glad you are enjoying the benefits of being a kindle owner, and thank you again for your willingness to share Harvey with all of us!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts