Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I did it, I ordered my Kindle 2 today....I also ordered the Edge cover.  I should have them Wendesday....what is the first thing I should do after I take it out of the box?  Will I have to charge it?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Well, first, you post here all excited to let us know it arrived!

Then you start charging it, but you can start using it right away!!!!

Yayyyy!  Congratulations!

Betsy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hellooooo!! Go to Decalgirl STAT!! ANd congrats, you're gonna love it!!! ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You should just sit and admire it for the first two minutes, then plug that baby in and use it as it is meant to be used, READ!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone.  I'm very excited.  It's my Mother's Day / Birthday gift from my wonderful husband and two adorable children.  I'm so glad to hear I can buy books and they wil download when I turn on the Kindle....I've already "bought" quite a few free books.

Now off to figure out how to convert pdf's to the correct format.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Aren't you sooooo excited???  Now you wait patiently (hardly possible) for that big brown truck and the fun begins!!  Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Congratulations!!  I am very happy for you.  The first thing I would do is plug that baby in!  You can admire it while it is charging.  You'll love your Edge cover and I see several have referred you to DeCalGirl.  You also need to check out Borsa Bella.  You really will enjoy having a nice bag for your Kindle.  Blessings!

·
Registered
126 Posts
NogDog said:
You can start reading the User's Guide now, so that you're all set to go when it arrives. In fact, you can even start ordering books now if you want. :)
This is what I would rather do first. Most users miss out many things in the user's manual and are rather lazy in reading the. When you have read them, then you can order and gather your favorite books to read so when you reader arrives, it will be ready for you to just read and lay back to enjoy. But don't forget to buy and prepare for some covers, carrying case to protect you reader! Good luck and enjoy it well.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Tippy said:
Congratulations!! I am very happy for you. The first thing I would do is plug that baby in! You can admire it while it is charging. You'll love your Edge cover and I see several have referred you to DeCalGirl. You also need to check out Borsa Bella. You really will enjoy having a nice bag for your Kindle. Blessings!
I agree with Tippy (except I decided not to skin my Kindle). Instead I purchased a BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector for K2 http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=6222.0. I have since moved the screen protector to a replacement Kindle (sunfade problem with first one) and I am very happy with it.

Plug it in to start charging first. Before mine arrived, I had read the K1 guide multiple times, read as many Kindle tip pages as possible, read the K2 guide multiple times as soon as I knew that was the one I would be receiving.

Before my Kindle arrived, I went shopping for a bag with a good place to put the Kindle. Since most of my purse shopping was at Target and K-Mart, I found that a DVD case is a good bag test item for a Kindle without a case and two DVD cases together make a good bag test for a Kindle with a case. Since I had a long wait, I ended up sewing organizer pockets to put in the bag I bought (one for Kindle in case, one for folded papers and boarding passes with two pockets for charging cables, one with multiple pockets for pill bottles, pens, keys, etc.). Those were very useful when I need to move important contents between my purse and my laptop bag.

I also downloaded lots of free classics that I want to read. I am alternating reading those with newer books.

Enjoy your Kindle when it arrives!
Anna

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.