Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Decalgirl Aloha Venem. Well, I received it the other day. But when looking at it on the site, I honestly could not see there is a snake on it. I was really surprised. I though it was a decorative red color. I love it but not the snake.... it's just not me. So.... I guess I am sending it back and try to decide which other one I want. I happen to like red, white, black and blue together and just wanted that sort background .
It's sad..... I just can't deal with the snake in front of me all the time.
Kdawna

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
But the snake is only on the back!  All it takes to hide its little pointy head is a nice Oberon....

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
You might post in the Marketplace. . .maybe someone will take it off your hands so you don't have the hassle of returning it.

Ann

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually my Oberon is coming on Tuesday. I will have to look at it again..... If my husband sees it he would have fit. He really really hates snakes. I could use it as an excuse for him not to touch my Kindle... even though he doesn't. He isn't a reader.
 Kdawna

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Once it is in the cover you never see the back. Just leave the back off and use the one for the front. I just bought a new skin and I don't think I'm going to bother putting the back on.  :)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Kathy said:
Once it is in the cover you never see the back. Just leave the back off and use the one for the front. I just bought a new skin and I don't think I'm going to bother putting the back on. :)
That's a really good idea. If you're going to keep the Kindle in a cover, you really don't need to put a skin on the back..I didn't with my K1. If you really like the front, it may be a good compromise.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I like snakes ... now Spiders ...  :-X :-X :-X

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
It is really nice skin. The front is what you are going to be looking at, so just leave the snake off and you should really enjoy it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i would just return the skin and get another skin of your liking. it's a nice design but kind of odd to have a snake in an aloha theme but that's what makes it unique i suppose.  i remember looking at that skin and didn't notice the snake at first.  don't feel the need to justify your reasoning just get a skin you'll be happy with.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was searching on line before getting it to see if the title was a book or a movie. I just couldn't figure out the speedometer. Mostly I like the colors and the flowers since I had visited Hawaii a few years back. I didn't think  of the snake and venom. Duh.... My brain fog.....  Oh well.
  Kdawna

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I'm still trying to decide if I want a skin for my soon to be Kindle or if I should just beg for an Oberon cover for mother's day and forgot the skin. They are so pretty, though. I never would have noticed that snake. I had to look and look to see it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had also ordered Nadir and put it on today.  I am still debating whether I want to keep it or not.
Kdawna

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I couldn't even pick up my KK if I put that skin on it.  I hate snakes, don't even want to look at pictures of them, yuck!!!  My opinion, just send it back, even if you don't put on the back the body of the thing is slithering through the picture on the front. "shiver"

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
But it won't sneak out and get you while you are reading, probably. ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
at least it's not a clown. . . . .

:D

Ann

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
B-Kay 1325 said:
I couldn't even pick up my KK if I put that skin on it. I hate snakes, don't even want to look at pictures of them, yuck!!! My opinion, just send it back, even if you don't put on the back the body of the thing is slithering through the picture on the front. "shiver"
Kind of surprised that the pic in your avatar doesn't bother you... not a snake, I know, but still.... similar head and neck :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
at least it's not a clown. . . . .

:D

Ann
Now THOSE are creepy. What is it about them?? Marionettes with painted smiles are a close second.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts