Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a life changing week in terms of milestones. And today, suddenly it's like I dropped off a 30 Day cliff (even though I didn't). I've noticed my rankings have not sunk like stones, so I assume reporting is slow today?

I am being a good author, I have 2700 new words today. I am just trying to mitigate expectations.

It's slow right? That or my books are about to fall into a bottomless pit. One of the two. :)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
They probably throttled your access since you've been eating 25% of their bandwidth checking your stats everywhere, including at Home Depot and who knows where else? 

:p

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fine. I know I deserve it. I KNOW I do. But, but, grrr this was far less agonizing when I had a modicum of what to expect. This week, everything went all "wildest dreams" levels, and I'm too paranoid to even now adjust my dreams!

Sigh.

I will go back to writing A Virtue of Marriage. Maybe in my anxiety I can nail 20,000.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Dan C. Rinnert said:
They probably throttled your access since you've been eating 25% of their bandwidth checking your stats everywhere, including at Home Depot and who knows where else?

:p
^
Yes that! LOL! Especially the Home Depot stat check as I read the same post. I think my Zon pages also took awhile to load due to excessive EAW bandwidth consumption ;D

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Elizabeth Ann West said:
Ya'll act like if you were me YOU wouldn't have checked every hour! :p
Hehe, honestly I am trying not to especially when someone actually bought my book before I told anyone it was out. That surprised me. I've since hit up all my friends and family (who were all in the dark on my launch) and no one has come clean so maybe someone just liked Cagnes' cover and clicked the 'buy' button. Now I'm holding my breath hoping it wasn't a toddler and the parents will find out soon and ask for a refund :eek:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
It happens, Elizabeth. Reporting for me has always been wonky. There are some days where I'm like "what on god's green earth happened here?" Then, a few days later, I get a sales dump, and it evens out.

But, for me, reporting today seems normal. I have a feeling, however, that slow reporting doesn't hit everyone on the same day.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Salvador Mercer said:
Hehe, honestly I am trying not to especially when someone actually bought my book before I told anyone it was out. That surprised me. I've since hit up all my friends and family (who were all in the dark on my launch) and no one has come clean so maybe someone just liked Cagnes' cover and clicked the 'buy' button. Now I'm holding my breath hoping it wasn't a toddler and the parents will find out soon and ask for a refund :eek:
No, that happens. On ALL of my JAFF books they had sales as soon as they finally showed up in my report. Horses had 2. An Autumn Accord's preorder had 10, which was impressive as it only took Amazon 45 minutes to put that puppy up.

I am now relieved that SOMETHING screwy is going on. When I do today's sales graph for By Consequence of Marriage, it show ONE sale, but $22.50 in royalties. I price my books higher than most, but not THAT high.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anniejocoby said:
It happens, Elizabeth. Reporting for me has always been wonky. There are some days where I'm like "what on god's green earth happened here?" Then, a few days later, I get a sales dump, and it evens out.

But, for me, reporting today seems normal. I have a feeling, however, that slow reporting doesn't hit everyone on the same day.

Hope that helps!
THANK YOU! I will try harder to get used to this new reality. I'm still not really sure it happened, even though it did. I've NEVER seen multiple days (3 in a row) of 200 sales on just Amazon. And I know that is small potatoes to some, but for me, that's like a whole potato farm! My previous releases did a spike (preorders) and then the next day half (usually 100+), and then kerplunk on down to 30 or so a day. Not bad AT ALL, and even that was miraculous. But to see days in a row where the graph makes a straight line at 200? Yeah . . . no. Can't even, can't even on that one.

5% of my year to date sales since last July came in the last 3 days!!!!

I suppose at least I am fortunate that though that literally gives me the beginnings of an anxiety attack, I am putting that energy to another book. Back to it I guess, will see what shakes out later. Nothing I can do about it anyway.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I had a thriller hit the mystery suspense short story chart today. Not as impressive as it sounds. It doesn't take much for a sub category, but I had 8 sales at number 43. I moved up to 40, but still only have 8 showing. I think I would have had to get more to move up 3 spots, so I'm thinking it's delayed reporting.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
It appears normal to me (Sundays and Mondays are usually my best days). I don't generally check more than twice a day (unless I have a new release). I usually look when I get up (to see how the previous day ended) and right before I go to bed. I can never be sure until 8 p.m. how a day is shaking out, though. It does look like I could pass my all-time high borrows mark for one day (599) though. I'm mildly interested in that. My sales reporting looks pretty much how it should, though. At least I think it does.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Elizabeth Ann West said:
THANK YOU! I will try harder to get used to this new reality. I'm still not really sure it happened, even though it did. I've NEVER seen multiple days (3 in a row) of 200 sales on just Amazon. And I know that is small potatoes to some, but for me, that's like a whole potato farm! My previous releases did a spike (preorders) and then the next day half (usually 100+), and then kerplunk on down to 30 or so a day. Not bad AT ALL, and even that was miraculous. But to see days in a row where the graph makes a straight line at 200? Yeah . . . no. Can't even, can't even on that one.

5% of my year to date sales since last July came in the last 3 days!!!!

I suppose at least I am fortunate that though that literally gives me the beginnings of an anxiety attack, I am putting that energy to another book. Back to it I guess, will see what shakes out later. Nothing I can do about it anyway.
200 sales a day isn't small potatoes to anyone Elizabeth. That's awesome under any measure, especially at your prices. :)

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Slow on processing orders too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Topic: I feel AWFUL for asking this, but is reporting slow today on Amazon?
Why do you feel AWFUL for asking?

Anyway it seems normal to me. Borrows are up cos it's the 1st of the month and sales are steady.

·
Registered
121 Posts
JeanneM said:
Let's see. UM...I had 3 sales last month and none so far today. I would say everything is in order. LOL
That's about how my month goes. I would have a heart attack with 200 sales in a month, let alone a day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts