Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had novels available on the Kindle for over a year now, and I'm still not driving a Ferarri, living in a 20,000 sq. ft. house on a hill, and those darn uberhot writer groupies still haven't found me and ripped my clothes of in a mad, frenzied rush of flesh and sweat.

What gives?

What? That's normal?

Darn it, this writing gig sucks. I might have to quit and become a fireman.

G

·
You don't want a Ferrari.  The price of gas would eat up all your royalties.

The 20,000 sq foot house?  You'd get lost on your way to the bathroom.

As far as the groupies, you telling me you can pick up goth chicks with the cover of 33 A.D.?  You aren't even trying, man!  ;D :D :p

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
...those darn uberhot writer groupies still haven't found me and ripped my clothes of in a mad, frenzied rush of flesh and sweat.
Huh, this happens to me all the time. It makes going to the grocery store quite an adventure. ;D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sorry sales have been so bad for you all.  If things keep up for me, I'll be able to afford a trip to the movies!  Woo-Hoo!!!!!  ;D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
@McAfee. You mean you don't have these things? I figured you were a shoe-in with the bald head and southern accent. And you're a writer? You have to get out more and mingle with the Twilight moms. You can do this, bro.

Edit: The other part was edited out. It was a joke, but probably in poor taste.

@Bob. You need more Irish accent. You already have war stories. Just apply alcohol.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
No Ferrari for me either:( although I did use some of my writing proceeds to buy a shiny new bicycle for commuting to the day job.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lyarde11751 said:
This thread reminds me that I do have non-writer friends who believe our books are key to fame and fortune. "I saw your book on Amazon! You must be rich, right?" Yep, rich.
OMG. I ran into a friend last year that I hadn't seen in 20 years. His older brother told him I had books out on Amazon, and the guy started cozying up to me and telling people about his "rich friend."

I tried to set him straight, but he wouldn't hear it.

G

·
Maybe David would feel better is we all mailed him a pair of panties?  

Then again, that might make him feel worse...

1 - 20 of 141 Posts