Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of reading the boards, honing my craft, and editing...I published to Kindle. I'm still nervous, even though I proofread for hours, and  had friends read I'm sure that some terrible typo will rear its ugly head.

I published two shorts, using my erotica pen-name. Jeesh, was formatting things until they looked good in kindle-preview hard! I spent most of today doing just that.

Ok now I'm going to get to some of the neglected house-cleaning and dog-walking done. You know that ever glamorous life of the confirmed-bachelor.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Congrats!
So happy for you!! :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats!! Don't drive yourself crazy looking at your sales. You released it in the Universe, and it will take hold! Let it grow.
AND if you do see some mistakes, you can always upload a new version while the old version is live. Once the corrected version goes live, the old one will be taken down! YIPPEE!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats!! I too just published my first book. It feels great to finally accomplish it. It's one thing to write it, edit it, etc, but then to get it converted, market it, do social networking, all takes so much time...so congrats!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JILLIAN DODD said:
Congrats!! I too just published my first book. It feels great to finally accomplish it. It's one thing to write it, edit it, etc, but then to get it converted, market it, do social networking, all takes so much time...so congrats!!
Congrats Jillian! Yes all the conversion process was a pain! Luckily I have some HTML skills and blogging experience to help out. I uploaded to Smashwords too and wasn't entirely thrilled with their interpretation of my word doc! So it looks like I'll have to read their 'Style Guide' cover-to-cover. I'm going to save the social networking bit, for my Paranormal Series. I'm practicing now and making all my mistakes under another name =D!

Yup, the fantastic easy life of the writer! All we do is just write and publish stories, how hard can it be? ;D * sarcasm*

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't have any HTML skills at all! I was fortunate enough to find the Digital Content Center. I was thrilled with their conversion process, the price, the speed, etc. And if any of you ever need that, ask for Art. He was AWESOME to work with! He also helped me design my webpage, which he tells me was the most pink/girly thing he has ever done. But I'm really happy with it all!

you can see if at www.jilliandodd.net

·
Registered
982 Posts
T.J. Dotson said:
After months of reading the boards, honing my craft, and editing...I published to Kindle. I'm still nervous, even though I proofread for hours, and had friends read I'm sure that some terrible typo will rear its ugly head.

I published two shorts, using my erotica pen-name. Jeesh, was formatting things until they looked good in kindle-preview hard! I spent most of today doing just that.

Ok now I'm going to get to some of the neglected house-cleaning and dog-walking done. You know that ever glamorous life of the confirmed-bachelor.
Congrats! I get to take the plunge next month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts