Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited!!!I was beginning to think that I'd never get my Kindle.  I'm glad that I found this site since I'm sure that I'll have questions.  In fact, I have one now.  Can issues of periodicals that I've already read be deleted on my Kindle?

Carole

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
How exciting for you! I just ordered mine on Sunday, so I am sure it will be mother's day before I hold it in my hands....Sigh....

I don't know about periodicals. I read somewhere that newspapers, if you have a subscription, get deleted after 7 days. Someone said you can upload them to your computer to save them. I am assuming back issues of papers aren't archived at amazon, like book purchases are.

MW

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
That's a good question, I'm going to research that. Actually not sure how material gets deleted from your Kindle once you're done with it. There must be a way from the Kindle itself, seeing as it is not a "sync-to-your-PC" kind of device.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Harvey said:
That's a good question, I'm going to research that. Actually not sure how material gets deleted from your Kindle once you're done with it. There must be a way from the Kindle itself, seeing as it is not a "sync-to-your-PC" kind of device.
I think I did read somewhere that the Kindle comes with a USB cable that you can connect to your computer, so you can "sync"...but I didn't get the feeling that it was as automatic and easy as with the iPhone or iPod.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
YAHOO!!!

I ordered my Kindle on 4/6 and just got a notice that it will ship between 4/22 and 4/29!!

Yippee!!

MW

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Reading the amazon discussion boards, it looks like Kindles are shipping like mad. Everyone seems very happy with theirs. My shipping status has changed to "shipping soon" and I hope it arrives early next week. My daughter is on school vacation this week and wants to do some Kindle reading.

MW

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I just checked and have received a notice that it has shipped and is due to arrive on 4/21. In a moment of clear thinking, I had it shipped to my office, so I'll be there to sign for it on Monday morning. Yahoo!

I also got a welcome letter from the Kindle team! I am excited...

MW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts