1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
So if I decide to go to a phychiatrist and I find out they use a KDX, perhaps I should make sure they downloaded the whole book and not just the sample?   ;)

deb

·
Registered
710 Posts
Haha, good one, Drenee. That would be kind of scary - especially if they're diagnosing you.

Though, I do wonder if they're less expensive on the used textbook sites.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Annie said:
Though, I do wonder if they're less expensive on the used textbook sites.
Amazon lists 14 used copies starting at $58.95.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drenee said:
So if I decide to go to a phychiatrist and I find out they use a KDX, perhaps I should make sure they downloaded the whole book and not just the sample? ;)

deb
Haha, that's true. Yes, exactly. Say, "Oh, uhm, Dr. Woohoo, may I see your Kindle DX. It's so impressive."

·
Registered
501 Posts
marianner said:
It's still $32 less than hardcover. Textbooks are expensive, no matter what the medium.
True - there are several standard medical texts available (a VERY small percentage of those listed under "Medical," though - most are lay-person books, study guides, etc.), and their costs are similar to those charged for abbreviated texts on the Palm PDAs (running 1/2 or less of DTB medical text prices). I've downloaded samples of several of these to evaluate. Since I bring my Kindle to the E.R. every day, I might as well see if I can write off some of these!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
It says 3.3 GB available for storage. . . .total is 4 GB.  K2 had 1.2 GB available of 2 GB total.  Textbooks are likely to be image heavy which will use more memory -- I'm sure that's why they doubled it. . . .

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Chad Winters (#102) said:
32MB for the Cardio textbook! Does the DX come with an SD card slot? I can't remember. If not that memory may go pretty fast for a college student...
No SD card. According to Amazon the memory is 4GB internal (approximately 3.3GB available for user content).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts