Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I got one as well, just last week. I know that some folks are doing REALLY well on Google Play - but not this old fart. It just goes to show you how unpredictable indie writing/publishing can be.

Hang in there, Bat. I'm sure you'll sell another book next month.
;)

All kidding aside, I have heard that Google's reporting is VERY erratic. You may have sold more and they haven't filtered through the reporting pipeline, yet.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve Vernon said:
I got one as well, just last week. I know that some folks are doing REALLY well on Google Play - but not this old fart. It just goes to show you how unpredictable indie writing/publishing can be.

Hang in there, Bat. I'm sure you'll sell another book next month.
;)

All kidding aside, I have heard that Google's reporting is VERY erratic. You may have sold more and they haven't filtered through the reporting pipeline, yet.
I'd love to be able to 'crack' Google - I can't help feeling like it has the potential to be something of a Kingmaker, considering it's GOOGLE. And I think we can all agree that, with one sale in two months, I am definitely going to be the King.

*More trumpets*

·
Registered
132 Posts
BatCauldron said:
I'd love to be able to 'crack' Google - I can't help feeling like it has the potential to be something of a Kingmaker, considering it's GOOGLE. And I think we can all agree that, with one sale in two months, I am definitely going to be the King.

*More trumpets*
Consider me a lowly serf, your Majesty. I've had one download of my permafree on Google since I uploaded my books two weeks ago, and that was because I nabbed it myself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Google readers love Free.  I sold (gave away) a few last month and one this month.  (It's great for going perma-free on Amazon.  Amazon's little bots glom onto the price and magically change it so fast your head spins.)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
timstevens said:
Consider me a lowly serf, your Majesty. I've had one download of my permafree on Google since I uploaded my books two weeks ago, and that was because I nabbed it myself.
It didn't even occur to me to buy a copy myself! I could double my sales instantly.

W

·
0 Posts
I've sold only a few on Google Play, but it seems to be picking up, and I get some international downloads on my permafree. I'm giving it time.

·
Registered
793 Posts
BatCauldron said:
I don't have any champagne, but this jar of mayonnaise has been open for so long that it's gone a bit fizzy. Join me for a glass?
As tempting as that sounds, I'll let you enjoy your fizzy mayo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm wondering if perhaps it's a demographic thing. I've got a 3 book series, first one is perma and the other two are 2.99, and it does quite well on Google. I mean, it's nothing compared to some people, but I sell two to three hundred books there a month. The books are YA/romance... and I have a feeling that's why they do so well, in fact about ten times the sales on Google and iTunes as Amazon.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OEGaudio said:
I'm wondering if perhaps it's a demographic thing. I've got a 3 book series, first one is perma and the other two are 2.99, and it does quite well on Google. I mean, it's nothing compared to some people, but I sell two to three hundred books there a month. The books are YA/romance... and I have a feeling that's why they do so well, in fact about ten times the sales on Google and iTunes as Amazon.
Wow, that's excellent. Congrats! Can you bottle of some of Whatever The Hell It Is You've Got and pour me a glass?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Why does Google Play's reporting infrastructure suck so badly?

They're Google! I expect more but even SW is far better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts