Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SOOOO happy that my kindle was delivered today and not on the 2nd as predicted by the tracker. So far I love the look and feel, but I have a question about downloading books. The amazon store is sooooo slooooow. It takes between one and three minutes to do a search on an author's name. I also downloaded a sample of a book half an hour ago and it still has not shown up on my home screen. Is this normal and I just need to learn patience, is the store slow tonight, or is something wrong? I hate to have my first post as an owner be slightly negative >,< but I'm puzzled. Any reassurance that my kindle is normal would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Vorpaks said:
The amazon store is sooooo slooooow. It takes between one and three minutes to do a search on an author's name. I also downloaded a sample of a book half an hour ago and it still has not shown up on my home screen.
I had to turn mine off and then back on to get my first download to work. After that, I was able to get 3 books in a very short amount of time. But I did notice searching was slow, and assumed there were hundreds of happy new Kindle owners like myself, looking for things to buy.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Vorpaks said:
I am SOOOO happy that my kindle was delivered today and not on the 2nd as predicted by the tracker. So far I love the look and feel, but I have a question about downloading books. The amazon store is sooooo slooooow. It takes between one and three minutes to do a search on an author's name. I also downloaded a sample of a book half an hour ago and it still has not shown up on my home screen. Is this normal and I just need to learn patience, is the store slow tonight, or is something wrong? I hate to have my first post as an owner be slightly negative >,< but I'm puzzled. Any reassurance that my kindle is normal would be much appreciated!!
I'm sure it's slower than usual with all the new Kindle owners testing theirs out. I never shop the Kindle store via my Kindle if my computer is near, though - it's just so much quicker on the computer.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Chris said:
Probably all of those who previously owned K1's re-downloading all the content to their K2... Like... well... ME.... ::)
Hey Chris! So glad to see you finally got your K2!! :D I will be seeing Laura this weekend. She is coming up from Houston to spend a couple of days here... I can't wait to see her reaction to her "new" K1! ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.