Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SOOOO happy that my kindle was delivered today and not on the 2nd as predicted by the tracker. So far I love the look and feel, but I have a question about downloading books. The amazon store is sooooo slooooow. It takes between one and three minutes to do a search on an author's name. I also downloaded a sample of a book half an hour ago and it still has not shown up on my home screen. Is this normal and I just need to learn patience, is the store slow tonight, or is something wrong? I hate to have my first post as an owner be slightly negative >,< but I'm puzzled. Any reassurance that my kindle is normal would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Oh, I thought it was my wireless internet acting up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Probably all of those who previously owned K1's re-downloading all the content to their K2...  Like... well... ME.... ::)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Vorpaks said:
The amazon store is sooooo slooooow. It takes between one and three minutes to do a search on an author's name. I also downloaded a sample of a book half an hour ago and it still has not shown up on my home screen.
I had to turn mine off and then back on to get my first download to work. After that, I was able to get 3 books in a very short amount of time. But I did notice searching was slow, and assumed there were hundreds of happy new Kindle owners like myself, looking for things to buy.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Vorpaks said:
I am SOOOO happy that my kindle was delivered today and not on the 2nd as predicted by the tracker. So far I love the look and feel, but I have a question about downloading books. The amazon store is sooooo slooooow. It takes between one and three minutes to do a search on an author's name. I also downloaded a sample of a book half an hour ago and it still has not shown up on my home screen. Is this normal and I just need to learn patience, is the store slow tonight, or is something wrong? I hate to have my first post as an owner be slightly negative >,< but I'm puzzled. Any reassurance that my kindle is normal would be much appreciated!!
I'm sure it's slower than usual with all the new Kindle owners testing theirs out. I never shop the Kindle store via my Kindle if my computer is near, though - it's just so much quicker on the computer.

·
Registered
339 Posts
lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of traffic! :p

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Chris said:
Probably all of those who previously owned K1's re-downloading all the content to their K2... Like... well... ME.... ::)
Hey Chris! So glad to see you finally got your K2!! :D I will be seeing Laura this weekend. She is coming up from Houston to spend a couple of days here... I can't wait to see her reaction to her "new" K1! ;D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tank you all for the reassurance. I returned to the Kindle this mornign to find all my books downloaded and easily accessible. It is... wonderful. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts