Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm scared, very scared.  :-\  I pray, hope, and plead that I not have another defective Kindle.  I'm scared to take it out in the sun, but I know I have to.  Oh, man. 

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good luck.  They had to replace my Kindle 1 when I first got it, and I held my breath as well, but thankfully it worked fine.  I hope the same for you.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to all.  I work at a psychiatry clinic, so I'll have easy access to a psychiatrist if the replacement doesn't work.  I let them know ahead of time.   :eek:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Cool, I'm sure it will be in perfect working order.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I had to get a replacement after only one day, mine wouldn't charge.  They shipped mine next day and I felt just like you, but it worked fine and still is.....
jp

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:

Ok, so far, I'm content. I did The Sun Test after work, and it worked fine. I stood outside in the sun for almost a 1/2 hour, and no words faded. I'm happy so far. I am knocking on wood, though.

:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hugh Critz said:
What was wrong with the previous one? The words faded in the sun?
High Hugh Critz,

Yes, the words faded in the sun. It got worse today, but I got my replacement today, so I was relieved. Now, I pray that the replacement won't malfunction on me. So far, so good, though. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts