Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oberon World Tree -  with corners  - very well made - beautiful - a great improvement in looks over the stock cover. No problem pushing sleep buttons - unhook left corner to use USB.
Expensive but I reccommend it !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Same here!!!  I also got a matching wallet with mine.  Love the design.  Got the velcro corners.
I am a happy camper.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My DH got me the Hokusai Wave.  It is extremely beautiful and well-crafted.  That is an understatement!  I got the one with leather corners and mine were not at all tight but hold the kindle in securely.  I even like clicking the bottom two leather corners to put the kindle asleep better than the little buttons.  It came with a cute curled up sleeping cat key charm added for free.  It is truly a work of art.  Yippee! Thank you DH!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Congratulations to the new Oberon owners. I am sure you'll love yours as much as I love mine!

And crosj, congratulations on your first post. Make sure to introduce yourself on the welcome and introductions board!

L

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
irabren said:
Oberon World Tree - with corners - very well made - beautiful - a great improvement in looks over the stock cover. No problem pushing sleep buttons - unhook left corner to use USB.
Expensive but I reccommend it !
I got the exact same one...love it!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got the Sky Dragon for christmas.. well an IOU as it didn't ship in time for christmas, but should be here later in January.

I love dragons and the color red so my DH ordered it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats!  I am thinking of ordering one too.  The World Tree design is very lovely.

·
Registered
180 Posts
chobitz said:
I got the Sky Dragon for Christmas.. well an IOU as it didn't ship in time for Christmas, but should be here later in January.

I love dragons and the color red so my DH ordered it!
That's the one I have and it's beautiful. I thought the $75 price tag was reasonable, but one of my coworkers thought I was crazy. Until I told her that Sony's D&B cover came out with a $150 price tag and the Sony reader is tiny and the cover is thin! Of course I did not buy it until they brought it down to $99. So the Oberon cover is a steal in my eyes!! ;D

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can't wait until mine comes in the mail! The estimated delivery date is Jan. 2nd. You guys are making me so excited and anxious for mine to get here! ;D :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the Tree of Life with velcro.  Love it, absolutely love it.  I had a hard time waiting for Christmas because I wanted it so bad.  Feels a bit funny using the right "next" key for some reason but I am sure I will get used to it. Yay!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Diana said:
I got the Tree of Life with velcro. Love it, absolutely love it. I had a hard time waiting for Christmas because I wanted it so bad. Feels a bit funny using the right "next" key for some reason but I am sure I will get used to it. Yay!
Adjust it a little. i had to clip mine a little to get the right fit. But now the "next" key feels like before.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I had to adjust my Velcro too. the Velcro pulled up going slow as instructed and trimmed where needed. the pages click as they did before. I feel the kindle is a bit more protected as cover edge extends a bit more then old one did.

I had a little "bumper" on the original cover that kept the roller button from being pushed. I have not decided if I need to do that with this new cover.

Sylvia

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Congrates everyone on getting your new covers!! I just got mine yesterday. It's the Tree of Liffe with velcro. Miss Molly, it's awefully hard to wait. How, I feel your pain. Somehow,  I kept deluding myself that the cover would come sooner & I kept looking out the window & opening up the front door. It will be at your home soon. I can't wait for you.
Toby

·
Registered
28 Posts
i got my butterfly with velcro christmas eve !! and my skin...of course i dont know how to down load the screensaver...and i dont have access to the whispernet at home ..and assume i need it for that...am i suppose to email the screensave to my email ..or the kindle email address...i will admit i dont know how to do anything on the kindle except read a book...and i am always afraid to play with while in the midst of a book afraid i wont get back to where i was ..

happy holidays ..hope everyone loved their covers as much as i did...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
gardenclc said:
i got my butterfly with velcro christmas eve !! and my skin...of course i dont know how to down load the screensaver...and i dont have access to the whispernet at home ..and assume i need it for that...am i suppose to email the screensave to my email ..or the kindle email address...i will admit i dont know how to do anything on the kindle except read a book...and i am always afraid to play with while in the midst of a book afraid i wont get back to where i was ..

happy holidays ..hope everyone loved their covers as much as i did...
Hi Garden,

You don't need whispernet. They email the screensaver to your regular email address. Detailed instructions for installing the screensaver are in the FAQ. It's not hard to do but you do need to know how to use Windows Explorer, navigate, and create folders. I can meet you in chat and help you in real time if you are having problems.

I really find that the custom screensaver is the finishing touch for a skin. It really makes a difference.

L

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lilly said:
Adjust it a little. i had to clip mine a little to get the right fit. But now the "next" key feels like before.
Thanks Lilly! I just removed the velcro behind that key--I noticed just by a sliver (and I mean sliver because I really didn't think that it could affect the key) it looked like it was barely touching. I reapplied it making sure that the key was completely clear and presto--working properly again. It felt spongy as if it were sticking. Really pleased to have that key working properly again :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I, too, received my World Tree Oberon cover for Christmas.  What a beautiful cover!!  My husband was impressed with the leather work. I was looking at it this morning and thinking how classy it looks.  I really like the extra length around the Kindle for extra protection.  Wonderful!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts