Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had stopped obsessing about covers, and then Rusty came along with news about the Piel Frama cover. Oh no -- it's Spanish -- it's gorgeous. It comes in Black and also in Tan (a sort of caramel color that could be British Tan or Saddle). It's also available for the K2: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=piel+frama+kindle+2&x=18&y=17

Of course I had to search to see if there were any more new covers. (It's been a whole week since the last time I looked.) Yes! A new one from Octo. Suede! Italian! Amazon hinge! And if that were not enough, it has design details that set it apart from other covers -- plus it's guy-friendly. http://www.amazon.com/OCTO-Vintage-Leather-Amazon-Kindle/dp/B001U3TQ3S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1243010575&sr=8-8/

So, I'm off the wagon and obsessing again.

(I came back to fix the link.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I saw the octo vintage cover as well. Looks really nice. Although I would worry about the strings getting in the way when folding back. Also m-edge has added some more colors to there GO line on amazon website.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ooohhh...I love the Octo cover you posted.  I hadn't seen it yet...love, love, love it...thanks for posting!  :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
I realy like both of those, but I'd probably remove the strings on the octo one. I really like the hinge system. That is why I've stuck with the Amazon cover, though wouldn't mind an upgrade.  :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree, the Octo has a solid design and a really great aesthetic. I seem to keep collecting and collecting; probably hurting my wallet quite a bit. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love the Piel Frama case; I think I'll watch to see if it comes out in a red. (To me, red looks great with the white K2 casing.)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That suede Octo is gorgeous!  Not fond of the leather ties as a closure, but there might be a way to work around that.  Who's going to be the first to order it?  ;D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love that it uses the hinge, but it's lined with microfiber, which wears out and looks grungy over time. For that price range the new cole haans have the hinge but they are lined with goat suede.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marine Mom said:
I love that it uses the hinge, but it's lined with microfiber, which wears out and looks grungy over time. For that price range the new cole haans have the hinge but they are lined with goat suede.
I have had good luck with microfiber, but then good or bad luck depends on the quality of the fiber used in the fabric rather than the fiber type. I have read that the gray M-edge lining gets grungy, but haven't heard similar comments about Bobarra's microfiber lining.

It seems to me that the Octo microfiber wouldn't be an issue since none of it is in the area that would be touched. When the cover is folded back a person's hand would be in contact with suede.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I can see what all the fuss is about. Good stuff

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the Piel Frama the other day and just love the case. Does all I needed a case to do. The design and quality is perfect.

Rusty

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think the vintage octo looks real nice. It's actually Italian leather and not suede at all. Nice. The noreve vintage is a suede material and this one is leather. Personally I am not overly fond of suede so this is tempting because i love the vintage look.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Oh, oh, oh. No. No. No. But I do kinda like that Octo. But seriously do I need another $80 cover?? A new friend here on the boards is making me a fabric cover to slip over my Amazon cover, and I do have my Oberon. So really, I do not need it. But contemplation has set in, and the seed of thought is planted.

Let's see how many times I come back to visit this thread.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
egh34 said:
Oh, oh, oh. No. No. No. But I do kinda like that Octo. But seriously do I need another $80 cover?? A new friend here on the boards is making me a fabric cover to slip over my Amazon cover, and I do have my Oberon. So really, I do not need it. But contemplation has set in, and the seed of thought is planted.

Let's see how many times I come back to visit this thread.
I wish I could find someone to make me a fabric cover to slip over the Amazon cover.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lisanr said:
I think the vintage octo looks real nice. It's actually Italian leather and not suede at all. Nice. The noreve vintage is a suede material and this one is leather. Personally I am not overly fond of suede so this is tempting because i love the vintage look.
Yes, the description says leather -- but suede is leather, is it not? Look at the close-up. If that isn't suede I'll eat it.

I'm having a problem with the photo, so here is the link:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Anne said:
I wish I could find someone to make me a fabric cover to slip over the Amazon cover.
Look in Kindle accessories under "Tutorial: Sew a cloth cover for the Amazon K2 cover (with photos)". I mentioned that I was horrible at cutting and sewing, and she generously asked if I would like her to make one. We agreed on a price, and i believe she is currently sewing. If you like her design, good ahead and ask, couldn't hurt!!

And in case anyone is keeping count, this is my 3rd visit, and I have decided to sell my Oberon, since it just isn't making my heart go pitter pat!! So, I will start a new thread in Buy/Trade/Barter!

Might just have to get that Octo!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts