Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Kindle on Feb. 26...and I still haven't opened it yet. I just can't do it. I don't have a cover and I just can't bear to have it all out in the open and vulnerable. I can't figure out what cover I want. M-Edge, Oberon, Cole Haan, skin? no skin?, then the colors, oh the colors. I have been staying up late trying to decide. So finally I ordered a mocha/saddle M-Edge but of course, it will take weeks for me to get it. And I'm worried I won't like it. I've got my Sony 505 to tie me over but I don't know what to do. I really have a problem. Is there a name for this?
:'(

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
CNancy said:
I got my Kindle on Feb. 26...and I still haven't opened it yet. I just can't do it. I don't have a cover and I just can't bear to have it all out in the open and vulnerable. I can't figure out what cover I want. M-Edge, Oberon, Cole Haan, skin? no skin?, then the colors, oh the colors. I have been staying up late trying to decide. So finally I ordered a mocha/saddle M-Edge but of course, it will take weeks for me to get it. And I'm worried I won't like it. I've got my Sony 505 to tie me over but I don't know what to do. I really have a problem. Is there a name for this?
Take a deep breath, nancy. Now let it go.

Let's do that again. Iiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn
Oooooooooouuuuuuuuuutttttttt

Now, consider a zen like skin and oberon cover (quality, m'dear), and possibly a nice chardonnay. It'll be all right. We can work this out. It may take years and cost millions of dollars, but we can find a workable solution. ;D

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
CNancy said:
Nancy - I think you have stunned everyone on the KB. I don't think there is anyone else here who has exhibited this kind of restraint, I didn't think it would be humanly possible! Be brave, let your Kindle out of the box to breathe, let it speak to you (even literally). How else can the rest of the enablers guide you to the proper accessories if you don't even know what the sex of your kindle is (have you done an ultrasound)? In a profound moment of bonding it may even tell you its name! Open the box - let it live!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Take a deep breath, nancy. Now let it go.

Let's do that again. Iiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn
Oooooooooouuuuuuuuuutttttttt

Now, consider a zen like skin and oberon cover (quality, m'dear), and possibly a nice chardonnay. It'll be all right. We can work this out. It may take years and cost millions of dollars, but we can find a workable solution. ;D
:D :D :D :D :D

Open the box. You need to at least make sure the poor thing works, and it's better that you find out now.

So pull it out & turn it on.

Then pick up SOMETHING to protect it. People have used potholders. A 6x9 padded envelope. The box it comes in. Or a quick run to Target should produce a fairly inexpensive bag or netbook cover. That way you'll be able to breathe a little more easily until your M-Edge arrives!

THEN you can worry about the rest of the gear you can't live without--easels, peeramid pillows, a reading light, a waterproof, a dozen bags, skins for every week of the year, and sixteen covers to fit your moods. LOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
OMG! I could never leave my Kindle in the box and not open it!  :eek:  My kindle was naked for two weeks, I bought a sleeve from Target and anytime I wasn't reading, the Kindle went back in and it was fine.

I agree with Nancy, I think you should open it and find out if it's a he or a she. Mine turned out to be a boy. Dexter is very handsome in his new Hokusai wave Oberon.  ;D

·
Registered
180 Posts
CNancy I also have a Sony PRS-505 and that's the reason I was able to sell my KK on Feb 9th after the announcement of the K2 without going through withdrawal.  Anyway, I would open it to make sure everything was fine with it.  I received mine on Feb 26 also and had to call Amazon for replacement because there was a couple of tiny scratches on the screen.  Amazon sent me another one the same day overnight and I had the replacement on Feb 27. ;D 

·
Registered
679 Posts
I firend of mine recieved hers two days after the release... and still has not opened it. I am comnstantly asking her if she has opened the box (it is going on my account). She says that she has a bunch of work to get down before she opens it because she may then disappear into kindleland (she swears mine has made me partially invisible)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK. I've done some thinking (and breathing). You guys are right - I should open it... yes, to make sure it works. But I won't touch it again until I have the perfect cover!  Its about 1am now. I  think I can get it open by dawn.  I'll just be needing a xanex.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts