Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was given an early Mother's Day present from my son and DIL. Thus another reason I have not been online!!

I am now the owner of a Nintendo DS lite. The one thing that I swore I didn't need and would never use! I have games on my computer and my phone... I have a Wii and more games than I can play... why would I need something else?? ;D

I am now addicted to my DS!! ::) I am not a big *video* game person, but I am so in love with the BrainAge type of games. My game collection is beginning to grow and I am afraid book purchases and games purchases will be competing with each other! I am also now beginning to eye those mini laptops and I KNOW I don't need another laptop!! LOL

Stop the insanity!! ;D ;D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Gratz on you DS. I love mine. And yes the game addiction is nearly as bad as the accessory addiction for the Kindles :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I got one for my husband on his last deployment, he spends every free moment plaing with it. I am afraid to get one for myself or I may never get the housework done! Between the boards and my Kindle I hardly have time to get it done now.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly!! I don't think I pick up my Kindle more than 2 or 3 times the first 2 weeks I had the DS! Now today, I have been on KB all off and on all day and haven't touched the DS. BUT, to try and even things out, I will be leaving shortly to pick up the niece from after-school tutorials and will leave early enough so that I can sit in the school pick up lane and read my Kindle!  :D  I know, I am obsessed!! ::)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a DS lite. I took it on a bus trip with the women's group from my church last year, and one of the women asked which of my kids I 'stole' it from. She was surprised to find out that it belonged to me and that my kids don't have one.

This is the game that I find addictive at the moment:

Check out this thread for a discussion of favorite DS games:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,6808.0.html

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lynninva said:
I have a DS lite. I took it on a bus trip with the women's group from my church last year, and one of the women asked which of my kids I 'stole' it from. She was surprised to find out that it belonged to me and that my kids don't have one.

This is the game that I find addictive at the moment:

Check out this thread for a discussion of favorite DS games:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,6808.0.html
That is one of the games my DIL gave me. Whenever I start, I don't want to stop. Same thing with the Sudoko on my BrainAge game!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Congrats.

And dare I ask; because I am a major Scrabble addict...do they make this for Scrabble?  I will not buy it, I will not, I will not...oh boy.  I can't, I won't, I musn't.  Tell me more...I never heard of it because I'm not a video game person (except for my laptop Scrabble and Wheel of Fortune).  The last video game I played was ATARI TENNIS a million years ago.  Do tell.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I know...I just looked on Ebay.  YIKES!!  Ok...so you buy the unit...and load the game??  What would make it different than me playing on my laptop?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Angela...

Does this just make the game portable?  I have Scrabble in my laptop.  Would this be a better gaming experience?  Do tell...

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is very portable and the games are on little cards about the size of the SD card that is in my Kindle. I can carry it in my purse with no problem although I don't usually take it with me right now as I still would rather read while waiting on the niece or for my oil change, etc. I prefer to play the games at home. It can also connect by WiFi to other DSs which we really had fun with over Spring Break since we had 4 people in the house with them! My mom also got one (she is 75) and she is loving it. We got her games that make her think and we can already tell a difference in movements and actions. Prior to the DS she did nothing but watch TV with my dad.

I guess it would really come down to a personal prefernce. I also have Scrabble for the PC that I can play on my on or against my hubby on the network. I don't have Scrabble for the DS yet, so I can't say if it is better or not. I do know that I can carry it just about anywhere and the battery stays charged for a long time... my laptop pretty much needs to be plugged in for gaming.

I wouldn't have one if it my son & dil hadn't given it to me as a gift, but I really have enjoyed having it. Don't know if any of this helps you or not.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Angela, very helpful thanks.  I hope you enjoy your new toy.  We love games in my house too.  Cards, boardgames,  puzzles...etc. 

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Since you like the brain/puzzle type of stuff, here are a few recommendations along those lines:

I haven't played the last two, but they're supposed to be very good.

Tetris is hard to find now. If you go the Ebay route, beware of bootlegs!

Otherwise, most of the Amazon prices are good, but you might be able to get better deals elsewhere on a couple of these. Shop smartly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts