Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents bought a kindle for me. It is being shipped to my address which ,of course, is a different address and amazon account than my parents.

Everyone is talking about their kindles being registered to their amazon account while in transit. How will it work out for me? Will it be registered to my parent's account or will it just not be registered?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Chobitz,

I believe it will be registered to your parents' account until they deregister it; then you will have to register it to your account.  Leslie?  I need to be sure about this, too, as I have bought one for my brother.

Betsy

·
Registered
731 Posts
In my case (my parents sent me mine for my birthday) it was registered to my Mom's name. I deregistered it (on the Kindle) and put in my Amazon account info (email & password) that was tied to my one-click account and it was Scott's. Took all of 20 seconds. You should set up a one-click account on Amazon if you don't already have one. Leslie will probably tell you something about serial numbers but I've never needed mine and have had it since August.  Hope you get it soon!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Chobitz,

I believe it will be registered to your parents' account until they deregister it; then you will have to register it to your account. Leslie? I need to be sure about this, too, as I have bought one for my brother.

Betsy
You are correct Betsy...

and ScottBooks

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Scott did it a different way than I did on Monday, but it seems the end result is the same!

But since I am supposed to mention serial numbers...for the reborn Kindle I bought for Susan, it was registered to my account. I deregistered it. Susan then went to her Amazon account, selected "Manage My Kindle" and added it there, using the serial number that was on the box. Easy as pie and she was off and downloading samples within seconds.

L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts