Kindle Forum banner

I have finally given in.....

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  bkworm8it 
#1 ·
So, I have finally accepted that my Kindle 1 is dead (insert moment of silence  :'(.......)

I decided to replace it with a Kindle 2 after one of my wonderful co-workers showed me hers with new "clothing" on from 3ACP.com. I did go through all of the CS replacements on the K1 but am finding from the posts that the K2 seems to be more stable. At this time I can afford it so.....

Going on a business trip soon so I am having it shipped the fastest way possible (btw, where the heck is my transporter, Scotty?) so it will be here on Friday.

Maybe one day the K1 will come out of it's "coma" so I can have an upstairs and downstairs Kindles.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!

#7 ·
PJ said:
Hey there kworth11 - you know Oberon is just up in Santa Rosa and I bet you could get a kover fast
I see that you found your perfect smiley!!!! :p

I have spent some time looking at the skins and I like too many of them so I am trying to narrow down the choices. I think that I am going to get some for my iTouch and some for the KK.

#8 ·
kworth11 said:
So, I have finally accepted that my Kindle 1 is dead (insert moment of silence :'(.......)
I decided to replace it with a Kindle 2
I rather think my Kindle 1 is having some problems. . . Have talked to CS and they offered to send me a refurbished K1. Am thinking about upgrading. I didn't ask the rep, but would they give a discount on a K2 in this circumstance?

#9 ·
Tippy said:
I rather think my Kindle 1 is having some problems. . . Have talked to CS and they offered to send me a refurbished K1. Am thinking about upgrading. I didn't ask the rep, but would they give a discount on a K2 in this circumstance?
That's a good question. I don't think anyone has asked that. If you do upgrade, let us know what you find out.

L

#10 ·
Tippy said:
I would be interested in what you find out too. My K1 is still going strong but sometimes when I turn it on it jumps about 10 pages ahead or behind. So at some point if the problem gets worse I'll either have to contact customer service or decide of I want to upgrade.

#11 ·
My KK is just a straight upgrade.

Now I just have to decide which skin clothing I want to put on it. So many choices I could practically dress my new toy differently everyday!!!!!!!! ::)

#13 ·
akjak said:
Be wary of the 3ACP skins... There's reports that they leave an icky residue on your Kindle! I know from experience that DecalGirl's do not.
I am on the Decalgirl site right now compiling my wish list. I am going to use them for not only the KK but all of the iPods and cell phone as well.

#15 ·
love2read said:
I would be interested in what you find out too. My K1 is still going strong but sometimes when I turn it on it jumps about 10 pages ahead or behind. So at some point if the problem gets worse I'll either have to contact customer service or decide of I want to upgrade.
Is the book one of the ones with Topaz formatting? Those seem to be the ones with the skip ahead/skip behind problem.

L

#16 ·
Leslie said:
Is the book one of the ones with Topaz formatting? Those seem to be the ones with the skip ahead/skip behind problem.

L
I'm not sure Leslie. It's a good point though, I hadn't thought about it in terms of only happening with specific books. But I don't think so because it has happened with both the One Year Bible and I just finished Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult and I don't think either of those are Topaz Formatting.

Sometimes if I don't push the next page or previous page button hard enough (only half way down) or if I hold onto one of the buttons and extra half second while turning pages engrossed in reading, it happens. Also the next page button on the left side seems to stick a little bit when I push it on the lower corner instead of in the middle of the button.

Then it's a bit frustrating. Kind of like dropping a paperback book and loosing your page right at the good part :)

Lynn M

#17 ·
;D :D

Well, so far Malachi (KK, not really religious just like the sound of the name) and I have been getting along. I guess I didn't pay attention that he was not going to come with a cover. I just expected that since the K1 came with a cover then this one would also. Oh well, off to the Oberon site I guess.

#18 ·
FYI, there is a discount code you can use at Decal Girl.  I used it a few weeks ago.  I think it's still valid.  If you're interested, I'll look for it.
deb

#20 ·
Thanks so much! I attacked the site last night and got skins for my KK, iPod classic and cell phone. There were so many skins that I liked I will definately put the coupon to good use!

#21 ·
Tippy said:
Man, wish I had thought to ask before they sent a replacement for mine. Wonder if there is still time LOL.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your KK, but if your still upgrading you should still have them send you a refurbished one that works so you do have two. Or you can sell the replacement... Just a thought.

theresam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.