Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my muse gifted me with the opening sentence of my first novel, Predators of Darkness: Aftermath, I felt blissful. She whispered, "Dropping a cat from the top of a ten story office building was not the best way to remain hidden, but it was necessary." The line so intrigued me that I believed I had a good muse. A great muse. After all, the idea just came out of the blue. I didn't have any characters, a plot, or any idea where this would go. The following day twenty pages just flowed out. I had characters, a generalized plot, and a dark, unsettling world. Then, POP! My muse went on vacation. Bad, BAD, muse!

In time she returned. The novel became 102,000 words. And, well, I thought I was done. Wrong! I'm now working on the fourth book in the series. I'm loving it, but I never know which direction I'll be taken.

Oh, and the cat in the opening line? Since he is a shifter, he brushed himself off unharmed. In fact, he's one of the most beloved characters in my series.

I'm new here and to Kindle, so you'll probably find me browsing around as I try to figure everything out.

Predators of Darkness: Aftermath is currently priced at $0.99 for a limited time.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the welcomes!

jherrick said:
Welcome Leonard. Don't you love it when ideas come when you least expect them?! :)
Yes. Sometimes the least expected ideas are the richest treasures.

NapCat said:
Welcome to the KB. That was a very aMUSing intro.

Best of Luck with the book and the cat's nine lives !
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Cute and clever, Leonard.  :D

Evidence of your creativity.  Welcome from a Canadian author of suspense novels.  I wish you great success with your own writing.

Best, Joan

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.