Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swore I would never buy another DTB again, I am so ashamed. I am reading a series which has 7 books. I have read the first 4, and I find that the 5th book is not in ebook format. The 6th and 7th are, but the 5th is supposed to not be very good, so I guess is was not brought over. I really wanted to read the whole series, so I HAVE SINNED and have ordered the 5th book from a used paperback store. I am ashamed, I am humiliated. Will the Kindle Gods every forgive me?

With great shame,
Steve

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have to have all the books in a series as well. You did what you had to do and I understand completely.  :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
All of us fall off the wagon occasionally, I still have DTB's that I haven't read and several series that I reread often. Would like to replace with Kindle versions but there is so much I want to read for the first time and... Well, you all know how the rest of it goes. Anyway, all is forgiven. Go and sin no more until the next time. ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
You are forgiven, my child :)

stevene9 said:
I swore I would never buy another DTB again, I am so ashamed. I am reading a series which has 7 books. I have read the first 4, and I find that the 5th book is not in ebook format. The 6th and 7th are, but the 5th is supposed to not be very good, so I guess is was not brought over. I really wanted to read the whole series, so I HAVE SINNED and have ordered the 5th book from a used paperback store. I am ashamed, I am humiliated. Will the Kindle Gods every forgive me?

With great shame,
Steve

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just say a few Hail Kindles and all will be right again.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Out of curiosity... what's the book series?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
LOL the Kindle Gods are really book Gods with a fancier name...............they don't mind if your reading a DTB or a kindle version as long as your reading! All is forgiven child!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
If it's not available in a Kindle-friendly version, what else could you do! Reading is reading in the grander scheme of things. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It's ok, your Kindle won't be jealous, but you might want to get it a new accessory just to be sure there are no hurt feelings. A nice Oberon cover will do.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Sad....I went to the main libraries "basement" sale a few weeks ago with the intention of buying nothing: just browsing.  But I wound up leaving with a boxful!!!  (Spent only $10)  Then, when I went to read one, I got all sad and wishing it was my Kindle and never read it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll admit, I occasionally read a DTB, but I don't really enjoy it as much anymore.  There are just some popular authors whose books are available for the Kindle, but at full price, whom I just don't think are worth it for a "popcorn read."  Those I'll still borrow from the library, in DTB if the library doesn't have the e-version.

But it bugs me the whole time I'm reading it that the library's collection doesn't include the e-version.  ::: grumble, grumble :::

·
Registered
78 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
LOL I still enjoy a good DTB........but that's not to say that I don't adore my Kindle!
While Kindle is awesome, I'm not above spending time with a DTB, especially if it's not on Kindle and a book I can loan out. I trade lots of books with family and I can't do that with Kindle books. (They think Kindle is really cool, but way too expensive.)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Put that book in a BoraBella bag or a Vera Bradley bag and all is good again.  ;)
deb

·
Registered
685 Posts
ak rain said:
I am setting up to read the potter series again! and you know that is a DTB hopefully not forever
Sylvia
Maybe we can get Harry to cast a spell convincing J. K. Rowling and her publisher to make her books available in e-book format. ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm with DRenee.  If you have truly repented, buy a new skin, a new Oberon cover and a Borsa Bella bag for your neglected Kindle and I am sure the Kindle God will be mollified.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts