Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all the great advice I've received here (I have absolutely NO DOUBT), I hit 10,000 units/sales in one month for the first time. I am blown away. For the curious, I self published my first title the last week of November, and I currently have 11 titles self published. All but two are previously published titles that I revised and re-edited.

Ironically, my best selling title on Amazon is NOT smut.

I went into this thing expecting very different results--hoping to sell a few thousand but certainly not expecting it. If someone had told me I'd sell 10,000 ebooks in a single month when I started this journey, I would have laughed.

As of this point, I don't have a blog post to point everyone to, telling you all the secret to hitting this milestone. Much of it is a mystery to me. But I will say that having an open mind, and being willing to listen and learn played an enormous role in getting me to this point.

Thank you again to all the wonderful people here on this forum! Your willingness to share has helped yet another author reach a milestone she never dreamed possible.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That is fantastic! Congrats. Any celebratory plans? I think I'd be headed right for the beach. Or Vegas. Or possibly a fake beach in Vegas?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

I have no special celebratory plans. Today, I'm going to write because that's what I need to do :)
genevieveaclark said:
That is fantastic! Congrats. Any celebratory plans? I think I'd be headed right for the beach. Or Vegas. Or possibly a fake beach in Vegas?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mel,

Thanks for the congrats!

My prices range from $.99 to $3.99. Amazon has discounted some of them for some reason, not sure why. Probably price matching on another site somewhere. My best selling title, Rescue Me was $2.99 for the first few months. I dropped the price to $.99 when the rank dropped below 10,000, and it's currently ranked in the mid-400's. That same book sells maybe 2 copies a day on BN.com. It's strange, how some books do better in one venue than another.

Mel Comley said:
Tawny that's awesome news and so deserved. Can I ask what the price of your books are?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
tawnytaylor said:
Thanks!

I have no special celebratory plans. Today, I'm going to write because that's what I need to do :)
<blink>

<blink blink>

So...This is probably one of the most instructive things I've come across so far.

Well done.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I love these boards... so far I've seen 50,000 sold, 1,000 a month sold, and NOW 10,000 from you... AWESOME! :) 

Can't wait to read your 50,000 sold post!

-jb 8)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Absolutely great! That's a milestone that calls for :) :) :)

tawnytaylor said:
But I will say that having an open mind, and being willing to listen and learn played an enormous role in getting me to this point.
A truth worth learning well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts