Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though it's only been 5 minutes since I've clicked the "place your order" button... I am already feeling a bit of buyers remorse, but I know that once I get it I'll be extremely happy.  One bad thing is, that I can't really afford a cover for it at the moment, but I really want to get an oberon, either the tree of life or the dragon one.  Anyway... YAY KINDLE!  Also got 2 day shipping so it should be here Wed.!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, thefuture4!  You will love it. And I love my sky dragon Oberon cover. But you really can't go wrong with any of the Oberons. Any questions, ask away! Lots of knowledgeable people here, someone knows the answer. Glad to have you join our happy group of readers.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Congratulations! You can still buy a skin for it. They're only $14 at decalgirl. And don't worry. We were all nervous about such a big investment. Once you start playing with it, it'll be better.  :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I've been scouring this forum for a few months now, obsessing about the Kindle 1, and then I hear the "rumors" of the February 9th press conference and got even more excited when I saw the new one.  I maybe should have bought one on ebay for 230ish, but then there wouldn't have been a warranty for it and I feel more comfortable about the warranty.  I also just checked the "manage my kindle" on amazon and I'm already able to go into that, though I'm not sure on what book to buy just yet, is there anything free I can get and throw on there just for the heck of it?

Also, has Oberon released their K2 covers yet, or are they still just on "pre order"

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
If you go to the Book Corner area of KindleBoards, You will find hundreds of free or very cheap books. Also Amazon's book page will list them if you select sort by price: low to high.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!  If it's any consolation, once you receive it you won't have one drop of buyer's remorse left in you after about the first 10 seconds.  lol  To me, Kindle is not a "luxury" or frivolous item.  It's an investment in yourself!  Knowledge is priceless and if you enjoy reading, it's money very well spent.  Plus, with the all the free books you can get, the Kindle practically pays for itself over time.  It's a Win-Win.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Congratulations.

"Buy" a lot of free books, and then you'll convince yourself in no time that you're fiscally responsible.  :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I told myself that with all the new 9.99 books that are normally $30 in hardback, i'd eventually get my moneys worth, on top of save money in the long run.  Plus I'll get to read more books more often, so win win!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Congratulations, future! Welcome to the club.

To answer your other question, yes, the Oberon covers are all still on preorder. They hope to begin shipping them in the next two to three weeks.

L

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh ok, that gives me enough time to save up for that then!  I think my first purchase is the Stephen King Kindle book, UR.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any recommendations on my first Kindle book?  I like R. A. Salvatore stuff, and Young Readers stuff along the lines of Harry Potter (not on Kindle, I know) and Eragon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
thefuture4 said:
Any recommendations on my first Kindle book? I like R. A. Salvatore stuff, and Young Readers stuff along the lines of Harry Potter (not on Kindle, I know) and Eragon.
I was gonna say The Fire Within series, but I just looked and they aren't on Kindle. What about The Golden Compass? Or the Twilight series? Although that may be a bit girly....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
This is the first book my niece bought for her new Kindle, Bridget, when I gave it to her yesterday:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts